Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

driver for gateway fios -g1100

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 4uz

4uz

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:50 PM

have satilite toshiba from 2007 model/l45-s7423.the old actiontec router #m1424 works fine.they sent me new router fios-G1100.it works with yellow cable.when i unplug yellow cable wireless won't work -get red x in task bar on connection icon.called verizon and fo 40 minutes tryed to help.still no wire less connection.on phone he said i need to update toshiba wireless adapter driver.searched but could't find.can you direct me to an update for this router ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:01 AM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:04 PM

The tech was not referring to a router driver.  That does not exist nor is it needed.  The tech was talking about your toshiba wireless adapter.

"it works with yellow cable.when i unplug yellow cable wireless won't work -get red x in task bar"

This is normal if you disconnect your wired connection to the router.

You make no mention of logging into the router and configuring the wireless.  You would do this from a wired connection.  If you didn't set it up or you don't know what its SSID is it can appear there is no wireless.

Does your wireless adapter see other wifi networks in the area?

#3 4uz

4uz
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 31 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 AM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 01:32 PM

thanks for your fast reply.i'm going to mail this new router back to verizon. i'll keep my origanal cause i have no problem with it.thanks again .i'll  be closing this post now.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users