Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Print Screen

• Please log in to reply
13 replies to this topic

#1 durkinjt

durkinjt

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:48 PM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:11 PM

I know how to get a screenshot using Paint & Print Screen. What I cannot figure out is how to paste it , like to here.    I tried getting a screen shot on Paint, hit cut, tried to paste it here and got nothing.Also is there maybe a better method then PrintScreen/Paint? T.I.A.  

Edited by hamluis, 18 September 2015 - 07:44 AM.
Moved from Win 10 Support to Tips/Tricks - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:24 PM

Hi durkinjt :)

You cannot copy/paste pictures directly on BleepingComputer (nor can you on any other forum software I think). You can however attach your screenshot using the Attach Files features in the Full Editor.

rcnr8ae.png

You can also host your screenshot on an image hosting website like Imgur and post the link to it. And the easiest way to take and publish screenshots online is to use a screenshot software like ShareX.

https://getsharex.com/

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 durkinjt

durkinjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 03:32 PM

Aura, Thanks for the reply, downloaded ShareX , got a screenshot, now I am lost, have no idea how to get it to a program, lots of options. Sorry, I know its probably pretty simple, but I am out of my league here.

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,664 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:49 PM

All good no worries :) Open ShareX, click on After capture tasks and check Upload image to host. Once done, take a screenshots and wait for it to appear by your system tray. Once done, go in the reply box and plainly "paste" (Ctrl + V). A Imgur.com link will be pasted. Surround it with IMG tags and post your reply.

gADrjXW.png

Edited by Aura, 17 September 2015 - 04:49 PM.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 durkinjt

durkinjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:28 PM

Thanks for the reply, making progress, got the Imgur.com link after that I have no idea how to surround it with IMG tags and post reply, honest I'm trying.

#6 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:42 PM

Paste the Imgur link into your post.

The one you want to use is BBCode  (message boards & forums)

It looks like this (this is one of my image codes on Imgur. You will see something different between the image tags.

[img]http://i.imgur.com/rLtdKCc.png[/img]

If you are using Rich Text Editor you can also use the Image Icon on the editor toolbar. If the toolbar options are grayed out, you are not using Rich Text Editor so simply paste the code into your post.

kwmV614.png

Edited by Queen-Evie, 17 September 2015 - 05:43 PM.

#7 durkinjt

durkinjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 05:51 PM

Queen, I know I am being a pain, but I don't know what Rich Text editor is or how to proceed, please feel free to explain it to me as if I was a 5 year old ( I'm 71 that could also be the reason) .

#8 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:15 PM

I found Greenshot application as been easy to use and upload screenshot to "imgur" image hosting website GreenShoot also have image editor application.

lNaiGxV.png

Posted Image

#9 durkinjt

durkinjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:20 PM

Thanks, I would still like to understand the  system Queen-Evie & Aura were  trying to get thru my thick skull. 

#10 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:55 PM

Queen, I know I am being a pain, but I don't know what Rich Text editor is or how to proceed, please feel free to explain it to me as if I was a 5 year old ( I'm 71 that could also be the reason) .

No, you are NOT being a pain. If you don't know something please ask. I and others will do our best to answer your questions and work with you until you understand.

This is the Rich Text Editor

uQrStpC.png

Using it you will be able to bold, quote, change font color and size and do other things by using the icons.
For example, to bold you drag your cursor over whatever you want to appear bold then click the B icon. Hovering your cursor over each icon will tell you what it does.

In addition this may also be helpful to you Help Topic: Posting

This is the standard editor:
K51vrgz.png

Notice how the icons are grayed out. You will not be able to use them in the standard editor. Instead, you will have to use BB code for bolding, colors, quotes, etc. (since you do have a quote option in every post, you won't need to use the quote function of the editor unless you quote a source such as something from a different webpage)

You can toggle between the 2 by clicking the first icon in the first row (circled in red in 2nd screenshot).

I urge you to go to the Test forum and try using some of the functions and become familiar with them. I am a firm believer that one learns MORE by DOING. I/we can tell you how to do something until the middle of the next century but only by doing it yourself will you REALLY learn how it is done.

If you do test things and run into problems ASK and we will continue to work you with until you get it.

edit to add: BBCode  uses tags you will have manually input by wrapping the text in using the appropriate tags

Examples:

[b]what you want to bold here[/b]

[quote]what you want to quote here[/quote]

[u]what you want to underline here[/u]
I know this may be more than what you expected but since I am trying to explain the difference between rich text and standard I figured I may as well include it all.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 17 September 2015 - 11:17 PM.

#11 FreeBooter

FreeBooter

• Members
  • 3,137 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:48 PM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 11:01 PM

Thanks, I would still like to understand the  system Queen-Evie & Aura were  trying to get thru my thick skull. 

Create yourself a imgur account and upload the image you want to post here to imgur website and get the BBCode (message boards & forums) link by clicking your uploaded image at imgur website and post the BBcode in your post.

krpF9Gi.png

Posted Image

#12 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:48 PM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 03:33 AM

I know how to get a screenshot using Paint & Print Screen. What I cannot figure out is how to paste it , like to here.    I tried getting a screen shot on Paint, hit cut, tried to paste it here and got nothing.Also is there maybe a better method then PrintScreen/Paint? T.I.A.  

Here is what I & many others use & you may well like it yourself, as well.

1. To take the screen shot hit Win+PrtScrn  (Don't need Paint)
2. The image will be found in a folder called Screenshots which, is w/in the Pictures folder.
3. Using Photobucket.com, Upload the image to Photobucket.
4. > (your) Library in Photobucket.  Choose a photo.  At its top-left corner are 3 lines... put the cursor on them & there's a menu, select Share Links.  Click on the one labeled Direct and you will see "Copied"
5. Using the Insert Image tool (the icon looks like framed picture of a big tree) Paste in the URL (Link) and voila, there you go :)

Do not use Attach Files for images.  That is great for document or text files but, not as well suited to this task as the (intended) Insert Image tool.

Photobucket is quite simplistic, easy to use & understand.

Edited by Drew1903, 18 September 2015 - 03:36 AM.

#13 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,902 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:44 AM

Another alternative, provided by dc3:  :  A Thousand Words, Screenshots - http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/515817/ram-showing-less-than-installed/?p=3222150 .

Louis

#14 durkinjt

durkinjt
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 284 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:08 PM

I want to thank everyone for your kind replies and patience, finally got it.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users