Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

USB port broke & slow to boot problem

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Friarbarb

Friarbarb

• Members
  • 44 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:59 AM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 01:23 PM

I'm running Windows 7, Pentium 6100, 64 Bit Lenovo laptop. I have 3 USB ports, 2 of which are side by side on the left side of the computer, the 3rd on the right.

I have been using the 2 side by side USB ports, one for my printer and the other for the mouse. Last night after I shutdown the computer, I was unplugging the mouse and printer. The USB port that the printer was plugged into had the plastic piece inside broken off and stuck into the USB cord.

I didn't notice until this morning when I went to plug the printer USB cord into the computer and realized what had happened. I still plugged in the mouse and booted the computer.

The computer took an inordinate time to complete booting, which it had not done before. I've tried several times with the computer taking much longer to boot than anytime before.

And, the USB port the mouse is plugged into does not work. So I tried the 3rd port on the opposite side of the computer, which worked fine.

So, I have one USB port with the hardware plastic piece broken and the one next to it not working. And the computer taking a very long time to boot.

I can live with 2 working USB ports, but just 1 would be a hassle.

Appreciate any help.

Thanks,

Robert

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users