I hope I'm in the right subforum here.
I have a Windows 7-system that has strange problems.
At first, Windows wouldn't load. After logon the screen goes black and all I see is the mouse pointer. Taskmanager does open, but tasks like msconfig or regedit won't start.
At first it wasn't possible to end explorer.exe and restart it, but after a while and numerous scans I can restart explorer, so the desktop will appear.
But then, allmost no programs can be started. Firefox will start, but won't show a webpage (hangs after you entered a site). McAfee does start if you click it, but "shutdown realtime scanner" doesn't respond.
regedit and msconfig won't start. Taskmanager does respond, but will hang if you click 'Show processes of all users'.
'Software' will open, but if you try to remove something (in this case some Lenovo-crap), it will hang.
What did I try?
In safe mode:
- sfc --> Doesn't find integrity problems
- aswMBR --> tried this often, crashes during the scan.
- msconfig --> prevented all the non-microsoft services to start
- MBAM --> Didn't find anything
- Emisoft Emergency Kit --> Found registry string 'Disable registrytools' and deleted that
- JRT --> Some services, not much
- TDSSkiller --> Nope.
- delfix --> reset system settings
- Combofix --> I know I shouldn't use this unless it's told me to, but well... I wanted to try.
I'm kind of out of options.
Does anyone has any idea what to try? A complete reinstall is a very last option, because there are a lot of administrative tools installed with difficult settings.
Thank you in forward.
Edited by FlorianK, 17 September 2015 - 08:49 AM.