Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Tiscali Bb Connect Box Keeps Popping Op

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 abbafan1972

abbafan1972

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:19 AM

Hi there.

Not sure if I am posting on the correct forum, but this message is on behalf of my mother in law. She is running Windows XP SP2, with IE6 and OE6.

She connects to the internet ok by opening IE and then opens OE to check emails and the new emails come through, if she wants to refresh email by pressing Send/receive, then the connect box pops up again.

Does anyone know how to stop this from happening? She connects via a Sagem modem.

Thanks in advance.
Windows XP Home SP2, Firefox 1.5.0.4, Thunderbird 1.5.0.4, Avast! anti-virus, Sygate firewall, Spybot, Adaware SE.

Posted Image

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 ThorXP

ThorXP

• Banned
  • 880 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:21 AM

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:32 AM

This box is popping up because it is looking more than likely for the password. Try this put the password in and check the box for save password and then log in, once it checks mail it should not pop up again.

#3 whatapalaver

whatapalaver

• Members
  • 115 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 17 July 2006 - 06:38 AM

Yes, the same problem occurred with me last night. Left it till this morning thinking that the ISP might have had a maintenance schedule but it was still there this morning. Entered my password for the account I was using and hey presto, the litle log-on window disappeared and has not been back. I could have fixed it last night but I repeatedly entered a lower case letter when it should have been an uppercase ! Make sure you get the password right.

Hope this helps. whatapalaver

#4 abbafan1972

abbafan1972
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:21 PM

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:25 AM

Thanks, but I didn't mean the password box in Outlook express, I meant the connect box for the broadband.
Windows XP Home SP2, Firefox 1.5.0.4, Thunderbird 1.5.0.4, Avast! anti-virus, Sygate firewall, Spybot, Adaware SE.

Posted Image

#5 Enthusiast

Enthusiast

• Members
  • 5,898 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:21 AM

Posted 18 July 2006 - 01:33 AM

Broadband should be always on - call the isp.
If it wasn't a temporary problem some settings may be wrong if this happens.

Edited by Enthusiast, 18 July 2006 - 01:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users