Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Sign in/time out

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,565 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:15 PM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:47 PM

Greetings..to whom ever reads this!

Not too complicated..however..I will sign into BC..then I will get distracted with diinner, sports or curling my hair. When I return to my computer, I am no longer signed into BC.

What is the time-line from sign in, to no activity before a member is automatically signed out?

Thanks so much!

:flowers:

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:59 PM

I'm not sure, but it's perhaps about an hour.  If you don't want that to happen, there's another way to sign in so long as you know that no-one else will get into your BC account.

Click on the Sign On text near the upper right on the main forum page.  That will produce a pop up where you can enter your user name and password.  Check the box by "remember me", it it isn't already, if you don't want to be automagically logged out.

Orange Blossom :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,252 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:15 AM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:36 PM

Soft with curlers in her hair and cold cream on her face. :hysterical:

Arch Linux .

Come join the fun, chat to Bleeping computer members and staff in real time on Discord.

The BleepingComputer Official Discord Chat Server!

#4 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,317 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:06 PM

Are you signing in from a desktop or laptop that has a sleep and or hibernation setting? If so it's probable that your connection sleeps and disconnects you. That's possibly your time limit.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#5 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,962 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:15 PM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 12:22 PM

My computer doesn't use hibernation or sleep mode and I do get automagically logged out after a period of time unless I use the "remember me" setting when logging in.

~ OB :cherry:
Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#6 softeyes

softeyes
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,565 posts
  •  

Posted 17 September 2015 - 10:12 PM

Contributors!  Thanks...

@OB..your situation mimics mine.  I do not tick 'remember me'..must stay forgotten!

@Aniimal; I don't hibernate..and wish I could get more sleep!  Using a laptop when this takes place.

@ Nick....LOL...can you just imagine! 

Oh I know..this was what you had in mind:

4086b91d-9390-4bac-a0ec-4ae2c80e2fa2_zps

Tee Hee..

Aw, shucks..this is the reality!!!

398b6039-a2aa-4327-bb6a-32a034f191d4_zps

(now you all know why I don't tick remember me!!!)

:hysterical:  :flowers: :bubbles:

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users