Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

windows 8.1 virus

• Please log in to reply
9 replies to this topic

#1 dkoonce4

dkoonce4

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:32 PM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:53 PM

​tried malware to remove didn't work. could anyone please help. please see imagine attached

Edit: Moved topic from Windows 8 to the more appropriate forum. ~ Animal

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:32 PM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:04 PM

Nothing is "attached".  What are you trying to remove?  What security was being used?

#3 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,086 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:32 AM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:46 PM

This may help....take a screenshot, as well as more written detail.

http://www.7tutorials.com/4-ways-take-screenshots-windows-8-81-using-built-tools

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#4 dkoonce4

dkoonce4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:34 PM

sorry the snap shoot link is not helping

#5 dkoonce4

dkoonce4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:56 PM

MESSAGE FROM WEBPAGE

FIREWALL WARNING!

YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED WITH ADWARE/SPYWARE VIRUS

CALL SUPPORT SERVICES AT 888-680-6721 IMMEDIATELY FOR ASSISTANCE ON HOW TO REMOVE THE VIRUS

POSSIBLE NETWORK DAMAGES IF POTENTIAL VIRUSES ARE NOT REMOVED IMMEDIATELY: SERVE

DATA EXPOSED TO RISK:

1. YOUR CREDIT CARD

2.YOUE EMAIL PASSWORDS

3. FACEBOOK,SKYPE AIM

4. PRIVATE PHOTOS

5. YOUR WEBCAM

THIS IS WHAT THE IMAGE IS SAYING. SORRY COULDN'T GET THE SCREENSHOT TO LOAD, BUT THERE MORE THEN ONE WAY TO BEAT THAT PROBLEM. PLEASE ADVISE IF YOU CAN HELP. THANKS AGAIN

#6 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:20 PM

MESSAGE FROM WEBPAGE

FIREWALL WARNING!

YOUR COMPUTER IS INFECTED WITH ADWARE/SPYWARE VIRUS

CALL SUPPORT SERVICES AT 888-680-6721 IMMEDIATELY FOR ASSISTANCE ON HOW TO REMOVE THE VIRUS

POSSIBLE NETWORK DAMAGES IF POTENTIAL VIRUSES ARE NOT REMOVED IMMEDIATELY: SERVE

DATA EXPOSED TO RISK:

1. YOUR CREDIT CARD

2.YOUE EMAIL PASSWORDS

3. FACEBOOK,SKYPE AIM

4. PRIVATE PHOTOS

5. YOUR WEBCAM

THIS IS WHAT THE IMAGE IS SAYING. SORRY COULDN'T GET THE SCREENSHOT TO LOAD, BUT THERE MORE THEN ONE WAY TO BEAT THAT PROBLEM. PLEASE ADVISE IF YOU CAN HELP. THANKS AGAIN

What you are seeing is spam.  It is not Windows or coming from your OS.  What exactly were you doing when this appeared?  Message from what webpage??

You need to run Malwarebytes.

Edited by Drew1903, 18 September 2015 - 08:20 PM.

#7 dkoonce4

dkoonce4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 07:45 AM

drew, tried running Malwarebytes. its telling me its quarinted 14 pup. but I am still getting that message after I reboot and try to go back online

#8 Sintharius

Sintharius

Bleepin' Sniper

• Members
  • 5,639 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:32 PM

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:03 AM

Hi there,

This is a Javascript message embedded into the website (as hinted by the line "Message from webpage").

To get rid of this, you can start your browser in Incognito Mode and clear all previous browsing sessions. That should get rid of the message.

Edited by Alexstrasza, 19 September 2015 - 08:03 AM.

#9 dkoonce4

dkoonce4
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 09:46 AM

sorry dark ranger doesn't work. I even tried downloading emisoft and ran that program nothing was found

#10 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 11:08 AM

drew, tried running Malwarebytes. its telling me its quarinted 14 pup. but I am still getting that message after I reboot and try to go back online

Please, give me a screen shot of this thing that is appearing asap.  Thanks.  If it's what I think...

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users