My all-in-one printer-scanner is HP LaserJet Pro MFP M127fw.
I need a software program that will manage the scanning function. I don't know what those programs are called as a category, but what they do is:
1. Save my settings,
2. Tell the scanner if I want it to make a preview for the control program to display,
3. Allow me to drag borders to select the section of the preview I want scanned,
4. Tell the scanner to scan,
5. Display the scanned picture or document,
6. Ask whether I have another page to scan into the same document,
7. Save the picture or document where I want it, with a name I enter,
8. Save images in several formats,
9. Save documents in .docx, .tif and a few other formats, in editable form.
I have been using HPScan but it's too basic. It won't save in any text format other than PDF. The default settings can't be changed and I can't add a second page to the same document.
A free program that does most of those things would be great, but if you recommend a program that isn't free, I'll buy it if I can't find a good free one.
My operating system is Windows 10 and the computer is a Dell PC.
Can anyone recommend such a program?