Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Remote Desktop Fails to Start

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Q59

Q59

• Members
  • 8 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:01 PM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:47 PM

I recently upgraded from Win 7 Ultimate to Win 10 Pro. After upgrade, I can only start Remote Desktop once if done shortly after a boot/reboot. I believe it's only a matter of several minutes, but can't say for sure yet.

Shortly after rebooting, Remote Desktop will start and function correctly. If I close that connection and attempt to restart, the "loading" circle appears for about 5 seconds, then disappears. Nothing happens after that.

The mstsc.exe process starts, but nothing happens. A new process will start for each successive time I attempt to start remote desktop. I've stopped the processes and tried again with same results.

Thanks for any assistance.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 reckonankit

reckonankit

• Members
  • 86 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:31 AM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 02:08 AM

try this one

Open Microsoft Management Console by clicking the Start button Picture of the Start button, typing mmc into the search box, and then pressing Enter.‌ Administrator permission required If you're prompted for an administrator password or confirmation, type the password or provide confirmation.

In the left pane, click Local Users and Groups.
    If you don't see Local Users and Groups

Double-click the Groups folder.

Right-click the group you want to add the user account to, and then click Add to Group.

Click Add, and then type the name of the user account.

Click Check Names, and then click OK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users