Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

BleepingComputer Deals 'POPUP"

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 sikntired

sikntired

• Members
  • 1,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:17 AM

Just experienced seeing this Ad for the first time and thought it was a good thing to make available to members. However, the 'popup' ad reappears each time that I use the backbutton to exit a topic even though I closed it .

Don't know if this was intended or an oversight but it is annoying. Thought it should be brought to someone's attention.

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:22 AM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:20 AM

The pop-up says that it should appear once and that's it. I would start by clearing your browser's cache and see if it still occurs.

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 Grinler

Grinler

Lawrence Abrams

• Admin
  • 43,593 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:21 AM

This promotion is only shown once per IP address so if you click on a new link you will never see it again. The reason you are seeing it is because you are pressing the back button and it's being read from your local cache again. If you go to the forum in question again, or refresh on the page you go back to, it will not show going forward.

#4 sikntired

sikntired
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,002 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:22 AM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:22 AM

Thanks Aura,

Thought I was having a 'Senior Moment', but clearing browser cache resolved the issue. My apologies to BC.

Thanks to you as well Grinler for explanation.

Edited by sikntired, 16 September 2015 - 11:25 AM.

#5 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,661 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:23 AM

Grinler also explained why it kept on reappearing, now you shouldn't have that issue anymore :)

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users