Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Problem with the search function

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 iTactic

iTactic

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:49 AM

Hey there BC, I recently got the Windows 10 upgrade and it came to my attention that sometimes my search function either does not work or takes ages to actually give me some sort of feedback. The loading animation is there but nothing is being outputted.

I tried to replicate this problem but it seems to happen randomly and it fixes itself after restarts. But it should not be there in the first place. Is there any way to fix this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Randem

Randem

• Members
  • 40 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 AM

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:10 AM

After the upgrade it take a while search to re-index and catch up

Look here for some info on this issue.

More help.

Edited by Randem, 03 October 2015 - 06:02 AM.

People who don't know what they are talking about will provide arguments instead of any valid proof to their claims...

#3 Uncle Bud

Uncle Bud

• Members
  • 14 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:17 PM

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:36 AM

When you do a search if you don't click on "my stuff" it will start searching the internet not just your computer and if you have a slow connection it seriously slows down. If you don't turn off Cortana it uses lots of resources. Without a really good processor and a fast internet connection windows 10 drags.

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 03 October 2015 - 05:57 AM

G'day iTactic, and Welcome to BC

Please follow theses steps...::

Run Search diagnostics by

Press Windows Button + X

Click on Control Panel

Under Security and Maintenance, click on Find and fix problems....Troubleshooting

On the left side, click on View all

Click on Search and Indexing, and follow the onscreen instructions and let it fix Search

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 iTactic

iTactic
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:17 PM

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:08 AM

Thanks a lot for the help guys! The issue seems to be fixed now.

#6 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 6,111 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:17 AM

Posted 04 October 2015 - 05:44 AM

Our pleasure.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users