Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Anyone Else feel like this? [Presidential Candidates]

• Please log in to reply
24 replies to this topic

#1 DagonCrows

DagonCrows

• Members
  • 74 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:20 PM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:06 AM

I just made a post that made me realize something: I think a part of me wants Trump to actually win. Not because I agree with any of his policies, and not because I like the man himself; I just think that he would at least do something. Good or bad, he seems like he would actually set goals and reach them, and, who knows, maybe make some things better, or at the very least wrestle a bit of control back from political parties and into the president himself. 

Sure, I know he's a republican, but so far he's actually taken some pretty bold moves against the other party heads. And it's not like any of the more "respectable" candidates will do anything for their four years (probably eight) other than twiddle their thumbs. Regardless of how great their ideas sound now, they'll drop them the minute they get into office and, at best, will replace them with pointless token goals that they'll spend the entire term fighting for. Again though, it's a bitter vote if I go this way, because I personally hate Trump more than he hates Mexican food.  

Anyone else feel like this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:20 PM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:43 PM

LOL..my thoughts regarding Trump..he represents his name!  All I can say..non partison..

Let him stir up the pot in lieu of the endless, continuous, rambling speech writers I have heard for at least <?> years of my life!

Bring it ..comb- over!!!! Please however, do not change your horrible hair colour, or your outfit to ultimately bust out your real hair colour and your spots!!!

Great fun!

#3 Chris Cosgrove

Chris Cosgrove

• 7,207 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:20 AM

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:00 PM

As I am not a US citizen and I don't live in the USA I have no desire to get involved in US politics, but we have had experience of Donald Trump here in Scotland.

Our experience is that he is a man who has a strong preference for getting his own way. As you may know he established a golf and leisure centre to the north of Aberdeen over some local protest but then went to war with the local authorities because they decided to permit the construction of an off-shore wind farm which was going to be visible from his golf course.

Chris Cosgrove

#4 softeyes

softeyes

• Members
  • 1,625 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 07:47 PM

<She snickers!!!>

15358279574793280451_zpssm2tt2jx.jpg

#5 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 08:03 PM

Why waste your time listening to debates? The US has a de facto two party system.

It's eventually going to come down to Republican Candidate v Democratic Candidate.

Go out and vote in 2016.

#6 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:49 PM

I hear a lot of talk about how each candidate will do this or that WHEN they get in office.  This political system is corrupt.  The parties can't get along, who ever gets in the big seat fights to get anything done when the cross aisle garbage begins.  The immigration problem is solved with a big fence, close the borders.  Declare amnesty for those here, sign them up, finger prints, DNA photos and give them a SSN card.  Our country spends $40,000 a year for each prisoner in jails while the kids in school don't have pencils.  I'll quit before the rant gets too heavy.

#7 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:17 PM

Yeah, the next President will be better if he's X party versus Y party in office, even as the next iteration of Windows will be better, even as the next golf game will be par, the next Christmas will be enjoyable with 'those' relatives, the next...

Stirring up the pot is what Perot did.  What Obama was supposed to do.  Bottom line, the Demorats spend more of your money with less actual value, and the Repubicans spend less of your money with less actual value.  In all, only about 30% of the national tax they get is even debatable.  The remaining 70% is mostly Social Security (which is bankrupt, filled only with Congressional IOUs since the late 1970's) and Defense.  We can't scrimp on Defense.

Immigration will never be solved.  Should be, but never is.  Any problem which hasn't been solved 40 years on (welfare, defense, immigration, Social Security) isn't solved because in point of fact, both sides don't want it solved.

Reagan made everyone feel good.  Trump's personality makes me embarrassed to be an American, but anything's better than a reprise of Billary.  Shutting up, now...

Edited by brainout, 19 September 2015 - 08:27 PM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#8 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 08:33 PM

Don't criticize golf.  The Presidents Cup is always lousy but there is always next year, starting somewhere around January 15.

#9 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  •  
  • Local time:08:20 PM

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:25 PM

The other big crime is the representatives (I use the term loosely) who reside in the offices of Congress.  Why aren't they subject to term limits.  How many have died in office.  It should be filled with the new up and comers who will guide this nation.  It needs new ideas now.  How long would it take to house the homeless and poor if we stopped sending aid (money and goods) to other nations. Maybe in two years we could erase the deficit.  Are we such a benevolent nation that we neglect our own poor and destitute for the sake of international relations??  Those countries might have trouble getting by, but we'll be in same boat at the rate the government is going down by the bow and the aid will HAVE to stop.  The politicians have corrupted democracy for their own money grabbing free for all the PAC arrangement facilitates.  Free money, donated by tax payers funneled through unions and manufacturing to fill the campaign coffers.  Limit all representatives and senators to two terms, just like the PRES.  These are new times and the old loggerheads need to step aside and allow the next generation to get this mess straightened out.  TRUMP comes off as a redneck but has the right idea on a lot of things.  But regardless of who gets elected they will still have a battle against the entrenched bunch of cronies male and female) to get anything done.   Bravo to Obama for taking the bull by the horn with health care and making them attempt to thwart it.  What else could he do??  They argued over anything he proposed so he used his powers to make it so.  The crime that harnesses the buying power of Americans and our products is the federal income tax.  Forget that, too many loopholes.  Instead institute a national sales tax.  Let the IRS collect the taxes from the sellers, just like the state tax, or add it to the state tax and let the feds collect from there.  That way, no matter how much you make or how you make it, when you spend it, you pay your fair share.  The tax dodges, have millions to pay in taxes  but hire a lawyer (almost spelled LIAR) to find loop holes and donate to candidates for favors. 

Edited by mjd420nova, 19 September 2015 - 10:33 PM.

#10 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:36 PM

The supreme court has determined that congressional term limits are illegal, except that the constitution limits the president to two terms.

Bravo to Obama?  He does not the authority to make laws.  Why would you praise a dictator?

#11 mjd420nova

mjd420nova

• Members
  • 1,914 posts
  •  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:43 PM

Dictator???   Two terms, which when you really get down to it, is not enough time to really accomplish anything meaningful.  He did what he could within his powers and enacted presidential directives to begin a program.  Those directives were aimed at states to get the ball rolling.  LAW, I saw no law enacted.  What I didn't like was being assessed a capitol gain on my taxes for money I never saw. I had much better things to do with the $1,500 it cost me on my refund.

#12 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 19 September 2015 - 10:59 PM

Yes, dictator.  Anything that Obama couldn't get accomplished legally he just declared a "regulation".

If you don't like the tax laws you should be looking at Congress, not the president.

#13 MadmanRB

MadmanRB

Spoon!!!!

• Members
  • 3,335 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:14 AM

I am voting for Ghtzplhr the liver eater, he has good foreign policy.

I liked his speech the other week:

"Ptph zrr, dklt qztzr vkpht zpkvrk!"

He had me in tears with that

You know you want me baby!

Proud Linux user and dual booter.

Proud Vivaldi user.

8spxh0-6.png

#14 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 12:27 AM

Yikes, I didn't mean to criticize Golf, beloved Webb!  Yep, Obama used 'regulation' to overturn laws passed by Congress during his first 100 days after his first inauguration.  Was totally shocked by that.

Madman, lol!

mjd420nova, yeah sales tax not income tax, esp. since the latter was never actually legalized.  Steve Forbes was for it too, and I want to argue Milton Friedman, but my brain could be out on the latter (from back in the 1970's).

Each of the Repub candidates has something positive to offer but at the end of the day, the team player will be the most effective, even if lackluster.  Which ends up meaning business as usual.

But Obamacare will bankrupt the nation.  It has to be stopped at all costs, and that means avoid the Demorats no matter how good their people.

Edited by brainout, 20 September 2015 - 12:57 AM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#15 Beel

Beel

• Members
  • 417 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 09:09 AM

The days of good politicians are long gone. I can't think of any in the world today!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users