Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Interesting Windows 8.1 Issue

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 08:38 AM

Hey,

This is an interesting issue I think you guys might have fun with... So I have a Dell Latitude XT running Windows 8.1... It runs quite smoothly and I like it... So I have a Docking Station that is hooked up to an external monitor via VGA... So when I plug the computer into the docking station it displays the screen on the external monitor... So here's my question... When the computer is plugged into the docking station I want to be able to use it in Tablet Mode as a touch screen keyboard/mouse... This is easily accomplished as all I need to do is mirror the screen  to the external monitor and whatever I do on the Tablet Screen will be displayed on the External Monitor... However the docking station is facing a certain way so that when I have the tablet screen open it is upside down... Now to fix this all I need to do is use the screen rotation button on the face of the computer and rotate to the right display... The problem is that this also rotates the screen of my external monitor... How can I make it so the screen of my Tablet Computer is rotated to the way I like it while the external monitor is rotated the correct way... It should be a simple fix I just don't know how...

Thanks,

-BenjaminsiPod

Edited by Chris Cosgrove, 16 September 2015 - 05:49 PM.
Moved from Win 8 to 'External hardware'.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,445 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:28 AM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:29 PM

I believe you need to go into the video card software and it should allow you to pick screen rotation by screen.  I don't know if you'll be able to do want you want since the monitors are set to be duplicates.  I use three screens and can rotate them all in different orientations, but only through the video card software.

#3 BenjaminGordonT

BenjaminGordonT
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 202 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:28 AM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 08:22 AM

My video card software is ATI but that software crashed when I tried to use it on Windows 8.1 so I uninstalled the software and just left the drivers...

I believe you need to go into the video card software and it should allow you to pick screen rotation by screen.  I don't know if you'll be able to do want you want since the monitors are set to be duplicates.  I use three screens and can rotate them all in different orientations, but only through the video card software.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users