Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Getting into networking, totally new to this.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 konkurada

konkurada

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:42 AM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:37 AM

I plan to start college in a few months, starting on my path towards an associate's in applied science in networking technology. The program is set up to teach you everything you need to know, but I'm looking for a bit of a head start just to be safe. I would love some recommendations on what I should read up on, a good starting point to build off of or just a "required reading" type of list. Unfortunately, I will not be able to purchase hard copies of anything until I've started so free resources would be preferred, but I don't mind book titles for later. Sorry if I left anything out, if you need more information on anything just ask :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,476 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:42 PM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:00 PM

Networking Essentials: Exam 70-058 (Accelerated MCSE Study Guides) is for an old Microsoft Exam that no longer exists and didn't really count for anything.  However, the information covered is a great networking foundation.  This was the first certification that I obtained and it made my Network+ a lot easier to get, because I already knew most of the information.

Being that this is an old book it covers the ancient networking topologies that you should hopefully never run into today.  But it also serves to help you understand how far we've come.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users