Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Australian politics

• Please log in to reply
32 replies to this topic

#1 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 AM

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:21 PM

Whats the views of old mate Malcolm Turnball rolling old mate Tony Abbott? Personally it’s the best thing to happen since Newman was kicked out of QLD and the best thing to happen to Australia since Howard left lol.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:25 PM

It is a great day for a Australia, sad to see he made it this far even.

#3 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,556 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:45 AM

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:53 PM

Turnbull is a 2 faced backstabber.

#4 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:13 PM

he'll fit right in.

#5 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 06:52 PM

Yep he might be a back stabber but i think it had to be done hey, Up in FNQ it has been a long slow death of industry and jobs since the LNP took office both state and federal.

We are begging for something to be built up thisw ay since Brisbane seems to get all the cash, really psss' me off big time.

We have the highest insolvancy rate in the whole of australia because people cannot find work and we have sky rocking prices on insureance and electricity (We only have ergon thats it), people just cannot afford to pay their house off these days

#6 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 07:15 PM

I'm up in FNQ too mate. I've done the maths and it makes more sense for me to rent and bank what I would pay in insurance, rates and bank interest. After 25 years I'll have more in the bank than what a house would be worth if I paid a mortgage. I'm just lucky that I work at a sugar mill in IT, otherwise I would be scared for my job too... so many people are leaving.

#7 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 09:45 PM

But what do you call FNQ, im Townsville but people call rocky FNQ LOL.

I only owe just over 100K on the house at the moment (Its valued at 600K on 5 acres) so im not worried + you can get a land and hosue for 290K up here but its a small 550 mtr block.

Ohh and im under 40 so my retirement wont be to far off hahahahahahhah maybe!

#8 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:23 PM

I'm up in Bingil Bay.... so a few 100 k's north of you still.

Same deal here, you "can" get a house on a postage stamp sub $300k. But the land rates and insurance are killer here. Add $10-15k a year to your expenses.

I rent a 4 bedroom house with ocean views for $300 a week, but choose not to buy that postage stamp house and have far less money and worse living conditions. I would rather bank $30k a year (that I didn't spend on interest, rates and insurance) and see what happens in the future...

If it all goes to hell I'll just buy a pair of gum boots and move to New Zealand or Tasmania.

#9 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:31 PM

LOL yeh NZ seems to be a good place hey (So all the kiwi's at work tell em :|), yep 3 grand a year for rates for me.

Bingil bay is a nice spot for sure. Always used to go to missionbeach and bramston beach!

#10 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:37 PM

Don't you have a parliamentary system?

It's not like you elect some bozo as president and you're stuck with him (or maybe her) for 4 years.

Just kick him out if you don't like him.

#11 TsVk!

TsVk!

penguin farmer

• Members
  • 6,236 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 10:45 PM

Lol.... the parliament is a joke because of a type of accrual support system.

You could vote for Joe Bloggs, but if Joe is Liberal then Liberal gets voted in. The parties choose their own leaders internally. So if Liberal chooses the most paid off and well connected "old boy" to be prime minister, then it is so.

Australia is one of the few "democracies" in the world where we don't actually choose our own leader, politicians do that behind closed doors.

#12 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:08 PM

Australia is one of the few "democracies" in the world where we don't actually choose our own leader, politicians do that behind closed doors.

I think that's the definition of "parliamentary".

Under the original US constitution state legislatures elected federal senators, who serve 6 year terms.  How crazy is that?

The US president may not be the guy (or woman) who got the most votes.  But once in office we're stuck with him (or her) for four years.  He (or she) can only be removed from office by the Senate.  Only two presidents in US history (Andrew Johnson and Bill Clinton) have been brought up on charges, both unsuccessfully.  Richard Nixon chose to resign rather than face certain removal from office.

#13 JohnnyJammer

JohnnyJammer
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,117 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:11 PM

See Abbott got rolled because the people of Australia are sick to death of right wing christian fundamentalists pushing their agenda on us, morrison, dutton, abetz, benardi to name a few.

These are the same senate elected members who said woman get breast cancer because they dont breast feed, and other lines like  gay people turn to beastiality because they are gay!! yes they have openly said these words which Australians do not take to to kindly.

See in Australia, we generally class our system as a christian nation built on christian values, although i think its only %24 of the population actually believe in god, in my living memory the only time i heard an australian priminister mention and say "God bless you" was Tony Abbott. We pride our self on not being dictated to by religious nut jobs, unlike the USA where if you dont praise jesus or God you will never become president.

In short, religion is not meant to play a part in australian policy making which the liberals did and now they have roled a leader, for our Pm to say "Coal is goodfor humanity" and "Climate change is crap" while eating a raw oinion with the skin on! says a lot about australian politics.

JWebb our state elected reps serve 6 years as well.

#14 Guest_JWebb_*

Guest_JWebb_*

• Guests
  •  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:17 PM

Some of this is built into our constitution.

"Congress shall make no law respecting an establishment of religion, or prohibiting the free exercise thereof; or abridging the freedom of speech, or of the press; or the right of the people peaceably to assemble, and to petition the Government for a redress of grievances."

Our president is out to destroy the our coal industry, despite the fact that he has no lawmaking power.

#15 NickAu

NickAu

Bleepin' Fish Doctor

• 13,556 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:31 PM

Hmm.

If the car is broken down changing the driver is pointless.  You fix the car.  Just because Malcom Backstabber and his off sider Jack Boot Julie are now in charge nothing will change.

I suspect Australia will regret Malcom Backstabber becoming prime minister.

i heard an australian priminister mention and say "God bless you" was Tony Abbott.

I am not religious and I don't see a problem with that.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users