Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

My computer and win 10

• Please log in to reply
43 replies to this topic

#1 dannyboy950

dannyboy950

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:08 AM

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:43 AM

When post on here about a problem I am asking or explaining what happens on this PC not PC's in general as opposed to other Pc's.

I am finding that my pc does not fully support all of 10's functionalities.

As one member said if the PC only meets them minimum requirement for win  10. Do not expect more than minimal performance.

A prime example I ffound was my touch pad. I found a video that explains how to use this brand/type of touch pad.

They show that you can expand or contract or change orientation on the screen buy just squeezeing or spreading my fingers on the key pad or making a circle and turn a picture upside down or sideways.

This does not work on my pc at all, it doesn't even try.

HP 15-f009wm notebook AMD-E1-2100 APV 1Ghz Processor 8 GB memory 500 GB Hdd

Linux Mint 17.3 Rosa Cinamon

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,661 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:08 AM

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:55 AM

danny, what is your computer/laptop brand and model? I think you mentionned it in another thread?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#3 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:06 PM

HP 15-f009wm at HP they classify this as a notebook not a PC.  Walmart sells it as a pc and it is the same size as my other HP Presario escept for the thickness and it has no cd/dvd rom and I do not think I can put one. I have found out I can not change to a bigger faster cpu becaause it is soldered to the mobo.

At Hp I could not even find the mobo listed. LOL  Heyyyy I don't exist. lol

#4 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,661 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:08 PM

Officially, your laptop supports Windows 10, and it also have touchpad drivers for Windows 10 (both Alps and Synaptics, it depends on which one you have). The drivers are also quite recent for the touchpad, September 15th and August 20th respectively.

Did you install the touchpad drivers for your laptop under Windows 10? If so, did you install the right ones?

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#5 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:19 PM

Before I went to install x I went to HP and updated everything I could find drivers every thing they showed. I then went and checked for new drivers in the device manager on each device. Some I even went to the devices web site and checked. I eithe had the right drivers or in some cases no driver for 10 has been created yet.

Like for my all-in-1 printer. Kodak has no updated driver for the scanner functions.

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,661 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:29 PM

Do you know if your touchpad is an Alps or Synaptics?

unite_blue.png

#7 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:52 PM

synaptics according to device manager.

#8 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,661 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:54 PM

If you go in the Mouse options in the Control Panel, do you have a tab called Advanced or Synaptics? If not, go in the Control Panel, switch the Display mode to Big icons and look for the Synaptics icon.

unite_blue.png

#9 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:20 PM

When post on here about a problem I am asking or explaining what happens on this PC not PC's in general as opposed to other Pc's.

I am finding that my pc does not fully support all of 10's functionalities.

As one member said if the PC only meets them minimum requirement for win  10. Do not expect more than minimal performance.

A prime example I ffound was my touch pad. I found a video that explains how to use this brand/type of touch pad.

They show that you can expand or contract or change orientation on the screen buy just squeezeing or spreading my fingers on the key pad or making a circle and turn a picture upside down or sideways.

This does not work on my pc at all, it doesn't even try.

Have all the Touch-pad settings been checked, already.  Has there been an attempt to investigate drivers including via the brand's website?

Even on a not terribly robust laptop the Touch-pad should not be lost when & if running Windows 10 on said machine.  Sounds like there is Touch-pad software either missing, damaged or corrupt.

#10 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:44 PM

Well Synaptics says to use the manufacturers site. HP listed this driver for winx and installed it. Since then there have been 2 updates

installed by HP.

On synaptics site the driver # matches the 1 in device manager.

While there I did read a paper about all the troubles they were having on Win 8. The computer came with 8 installed.

Seems their vaunted gesture technology was at times too sensitive, other times not sensitive enough. The exact issues I am having. lol​

#11 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,661 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:47 PM

danny, did you follow my instructions there?

http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590443/my-computer-and-win-10/#entry3818846

unite_blue.png

#12 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:25 PM

Yes I did and like many times when someone tries to help I do not get those options.

Only three. Settings where I actually view the slide show how to use the touch pad

Profiles which has nothing in it and about. Now the about window I tried to capture with the snip I chose the snip window option and the window high lighted but I got no notice to save or where to save the snip. Lol

Thats me hard luck charley LOL

Edited by dannyboy950, 15 September 2015 - 07:26 PM.

#13 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:20 PM

Yes I did and like many times when someone tries to help I do not get those options.
Only three. Settings where I actually view the slide show how to use the touch pad
Profiles which has nothing in it and about. Now the about window I tried to capture with the snip I chose the snip window option and the window high lighted but I got no notice to save or where to save the snip. Lol

Thats me hard luck charley LOL

Snips have to be Saved. Then one is to put them in something like Photobucket but, ultimately having a URL for the Insert image tool. This site will not pull images from your computer.

Edited by Drew1903, 15 September 2015 - 09:21 PM.

#14 dannyboy950

dannyboy950
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 1,338 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:32 PM

Well that certainly explains a lot why I can not make snips work right lol

#15 Drew1903

Drew1903

• Banned
  • 1,052 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 01:34 AM

Well that certainly explains a lot why I can not make snips work right lol

Yeah, sorta thought it might :wink:

You made me laugh (too)... thanks.

Edited by Drew1903, 16 September 2015 - 01:35 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users