Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Outlook 2007 PST Issues in Citrix Environment...

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 retoriker

retoriker

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:26 AM

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:33 AM

I just obtained a new client who's employees remote connect to a central server via Citrix web interface. The server is configured as follows:

1.  Intel Xeon x5550 2.9Ghz Quad Core Processor

2.  8GB Ram

3.  Windows Server 2008 Standard

4.  Office 2007 (Outlook is configured using SMTP/POP3)

5.  10-15 employees max accessing the system at once

The issue - almost everyday a random group of employees will log into the server, launch Outlook and receive the following error: Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot start Microsoft Office Outlook. Cannot open the Outlook window. The set of folders cannot be opened. The file D:\User\username\Outlook\Outlook.pst is in use and cannot be accessed. Close any application that is using the file, and then try again. You might need to restart your computer.

Screenshot attached.

Everyone once in a while I get lucky and can fix the issue by running "Outlook.exe /resetnavpane" under the Windows profile that the error has occurred. More often then not I have to reboot the server, sometimes twice a day. I have researched this issue and still cannot find a viable solution.

Anyone else experience issues like this? Any suggested solutions would be greatly appreciated.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Ratedgore

Ratedgore

• Members
  • 33 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:26 AM

Posted 15 September 2015 - 07:03 AM

May I ask, what version of Citrix, Xen App 5.0 or 6 or 6.5 ?

#3 gavillar

gavillar

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:26 PM

Posted 22 September 2015 - 09:11 AM

I will offer you two options:

First not a short guide for restoring .pst files - see it below

Second some useful resources which might help you if your .pst file awfully damaged and standard features can't help

http://community.office365.com/en-us/f/172/t/262226.aspx

http://www.answerbag.com/q_view/3169137

https://www.repairtoolbox.com/pstrepair.html Outlook Repair Toolbox

·  Close the Outlook program.

·  Click the "Start" button and enter "scanpst.exe" into the "Find" or "Search" field. This search will find the repair tool within the Microsoft Outlook program files.

·  Open the file by double-clicking it. This will open the repair tool.

·  Click "Browse" and navigate to the pst files you wish to repair. Highlight the files and click "Start".

·  Allow the repair tool to work and then close the tool when the repair finishes.

·  Run Outlook and locate the recovered folders in the left pane of Outlook (click "View" and "Folder List". You should see a new folder called "Lost and Found".

·  Make a new pst file for the recovered items. Click "File" and "Data File Management". Select "Add" and "New Outlook Data File". Find the "Types of Storage" section and click "Office Outlook Personal Folders File" and press "OK". Designate the location and enter a file name for the new pst file and press "OK".

·  Move the items from Lost and Found to the new pst file. You can delete the Lost and Found folder after moving the items to the new file.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users