Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

The Internet

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 terryw45

terryw45

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 15 September 2015 - 03:51 AM

Hi to all, Does anyone know of any program that can tell me who my computer is 'talking to' behind my back, just doing it's own thing ?

Edited by hamluis, 15 September 2015 - 08:15 AM.
Moved from Win 7 to All Other Apps - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 O.T.T.

O.T.T.

• Members
  • 172 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:33 AM

Posted 15 September 2015 - 10:07 AM

I use CurrPorts for monitoring connections. It's available with many language packs.

Add an IP database to get more information about the connecting IP's.

The program has a bit of a learning curve but you can find everything on the first page I suggested.

OTT

Please ask Google why some of my links don't work anymore !

#3 terryw45

terryw45
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 32 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 PM

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:59 AM

OTT

Thanks for the reply, I will look further.

It is the feeling of someone is in your house when you're not home, and they can look through everything that's personal, you know what I mean.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:33 AM

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:50 PM

Have you given any thought to the possibility that you could be infected with a rootkit or a backdoor trojan?

The following is an excerpt from a article by Geeks to go!

"A backdoor trojan differs from a trojan in that it also opens a backdoor to your system. They’re also sometimes call Remote Access Trojans (RAT). These are the most widespread and also the most dangerous type of trojan. They are so dangerous because the have the potential to allow remote adminstration of your system. As if a hacker were sitting at your keyboard, only worse. There’s almost no limit to what they can do. Some common uses:

Use your system and Internet connection to send spam (yes, the majority of spam is now generated by infected systems).
Steal your online and offline passwords, credit card numbers, address, phone number, and other information stored on your computer that could be used for identity theft, or other financial fraud.
Log your activity, read email, view and download contents of documents, pictures, videos and other private data.
Use your computer and Internet connection, in conjunction with others to launch Distributed Denial of Service (DDoS) attacks.
Modify system files, disable antivirus, delete files, change system settings, to cover tracks, or just to wreak havoc."

There are tools which can be used to search for these, but they can not be used in this forum.  You would need to request that this topic be moved to the Am I Infected forum.  If you go back to your first post and click on Report in the lower right portion of the page a box will open in which you can request that this topic be moved there.

Edited by dc3, 15 September 2015 - 12:51 PM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users