Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Don't have permission to reply?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 DamnKoreans

DamnKoreans

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:59 PM

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:48 PM

So I just created this account because I saw someone else had the same problem I did and I thought I'd do a good deed for the day, but when I try to reply it says I don't have permission.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 14 September 2015 - 09:13 PM.
language edit

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Queen-Evie

Queen-Evie

Official Bleepin' G.R.I.T.S. (and proud of it)

• Members
  • 16,485 posts
  •  
  • Location:My own little corner of the universe (somewhere in Alabama). It's OK, they know me here

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:14 PM

Were you trying to reply in a topic in Malware Removal Logs forum?

If so, you cannot, reply to topics in that forum.

That forum is highly restricted-replies can only be made by the person who started the topic, members of the Malware Removal Team, designated Study Hall Juniors and Seniors and BC staff moderators and above.

Wee have special rules in place with regards to malware removal to ensure that members only receive help in this complex and critical area of support from those we know are well informed and trained.

At the top of the Malware Removal Logs Forum is this

Only members of the Malware Response Team or Moderators are allowed to help people with logs. Anyone else should refrain from posting to another user's log.

Before the system was changed there were good intentioned members who wanted to help and did post to log topics even though they should not have. Anytime this happened, the replies were removed from the topic.

The policy also prevents "Me to, I have the same problem" posts in MRL topics.

Edited by Queen-Evie, 14 September 2015 - 09:15 PM.

#3 DamnKoreans

DamnKoreans
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 2 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:44 PM

Well then somebody on the malware removal team tell this guy: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/590358/infection-that-prevents-me-from-running-a-variety-of-anti-malware-programs/ to run the Junkware Removal Tool. Can get it from here: http://thisisudax.org/.  Guess that policy solves one problem and creates another.    

#4 Condobloke

Condobloke

Outback Aussie @ 54.2101 N, 0.2906 W

• Members
  • 5,968 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:59 AM

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:51 PM

I think you might find that the helper there, olgun52 (who is a member of the Malware Response Team) will know how to handle the situation.

Condobloke ...Outback Australian  fed up with Windows antics...??....LINUX IS THE ANSWER....I USE LINUX MINT 18.3  EXCLUSIVELY.

“A man travels the world in search of what he needs and returns home to find it."

It has been said that time heals all wounds. I don't agree. The wounds remain. Time - the mind, protecting its sanity - covers them with some scar tissue and the pain lessens, but it is never gone. Rose Kennedy

GcnI1aH.jpg

#5 Animal

Animal

Bleepin' Animinion

• Site Admin
  • 35,338 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:59 PM

Posted 14 September 2015 - 09:54 PM

That policy as you say may solve one problem but create another is not quite accurate. The policy was instituted because there were far more instances of moderators having to edit and split posts all day long to maintain post continuity. It allows the moderators to moderate and not be context editors all day long. So it creates one problem which isn't really a problem if you read the pinned topic at the top of the malware logs forum. But solves a lot of problems for the moderating team. So we will take that trade off

Thank you for asking what the issue might be and allowing us to explain how our malware forum works.

Welcome to Bleeping Computer.

The Internet is so big, so powerful and pointless that for some people it is a complete substitute for life.
Andrew Brown (1938-1994)

A learning experience is one of those things that say, "You know that thing you just did? Don't do that." Douglas Adams (1952-2001)

"Imagination is more important than knowledge. Knowledge is limited. Imagination circles the world." Albert Einstein (1879-1955)

Follow BleepingComputer on: Facebook | Twitter | Google+

#6 paul88ks

paul88ks

• Members
  • 1,322 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:44 AM

When i first joined this site,because of a virus problem,I think I am glad that i got help from someone that is trained and experienced in these matters.Sometimes a well-meaning novice will try to help,but in the big picture,actually doing more damage than good! All the other forums are pretty open to opinions and comments! Thank you Guys,and Ladies,for all your help at BC!!!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users