Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

microsoft spying

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 yudell426

yudell426

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:42 AM

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:15 PM

Hey guys & ladies,

I recently became aware that the same types of  spyware Microsoft pre-installed on windows 10 is now being retroactively  installed on windows 7 & 8. I went to the control panel and uninstalled them, only to find they have been reinstalled, by Microsoft, on the next reboot. How do i get rid of them for good?

Check this out!

http://thehackernews.com/2015/08/windows-spying-on-you.html

Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,009 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:51 PM

Create a batch file from a text file here. Copy the text to notepad and give it a name with .bat extension

Right click > Run as Adminstrator then turn off automatic updates. Select Check for updates but let me choose whether to download them. Uncheck Give me recommended updates the way I receive important updates. Always check what an important update does before installing. 

#3 rp88

rp88

• Members
  • 3,016 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:42 AM

Posted 16 September 2015 - 11:58 AM

As further future advice for you yudell426, alongside the useful tips JohnC_21 has already given, when checking what an up-date does with it's description webpage acessible by the "more information" link (don't use the "support information" link, it just takes you to the same general page whatever update you click it for) as a general rule only install udates which:
1. fix security vulneabilities (install these as quickly as possible)
2. fix bugs you have actually yourself experienced (install these as and when you get chance)

Updates which don't do either of those things can generally be ignored.

Also make sure to go into "control panel"-->"windows update" and check each tuesday evening (late) or wednesday morning (when you first turn the machine on), updates get released late on tuesday evenings, so checking at these times makes sure you get the chance to know about new updates as soon as possible, so you can get the security ones quickly and have plenty of time to decide what to do about others.

Edited by rp88, 16 September 2015 - 11:58 AM.

Back on this site, for a while anyway, been so busy the last year.

My systems:2 laptops, intel i3 processors, windows 8.1 installed on the hard-drive and linux mint 17.3 MATE installed to USB

#4 yudell426

yudell426
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 37 posts
  •  

Posted 18 September 2015 - 09:41 AM

Thanks guys. This was really driving me up a wall .......backwards!  (lol)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users