Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Firefox malware

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 jimbodacious

jimbodacious

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:56 AM

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:13 PM

I have a popup that takes over tabs in my browser. It pops up with a Firefix logo saying my video player is out of date and needs to be updated and to click on link to update. I was suspicious and instead clicked on the Terms and Conditions, which took me to a completely different web site and company (I have a screen shot on my home computer). Needless to say, I didn't click on the link, but I'm pretty sure there is come kind of crap malware installed because the popups happen ever minute or so. I can't back out of them, I have to close the tab and then reload (or find again) the website I was looking at to begin with. This is massively annoying because I can't get any work done. I reported this to Firefox/Mozilla, they said thanks for the info and sent me here to find a solution. So here I am. I looked on the Firefix/Mozilla website for information about this (I figured there'd be something being as how the malware folks are using the Firefox logo), but there's nothing. Can anyone help me clean this crap off my computer.

Thanks,

Jim

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dante12

dante12

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:56 AM

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:56 PM

1. Please download Malwarebyte Antimalware for Mac
  2. Open the DMD and move the app to your program folder
  3. Start the app, click on Scan and wait until the scan is done. Restart the mac if you need.
  4. Open Malwarebytes again if is still not open and go to the top of your screen.
  5. You see the menu of Malwarebytes. Click on the menu Scanner and choose from there Take System Snapshot.
  6. Post the log here.

#3 jostitosti

jostitosti

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 02:05 AM

Hey Dante12,

Is there also a version of this program for IOS 10.6.8 ?

I have a similar problem as jimbodacious.

Thanks a lot!

#4 dante12

dante12

• Members
  • 197 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:43 AM

Unfortunately no, on iOS you need to reset safari and delete all caches see here http://ipadhelp.com/tutorial/iphone-ipad-remove-adwarevirus/

Or do you ask for Mac OS X 10.6.8?

If so please open a new thread and I try to help you.

Edited by dante12, 16 September 2015 - 04:47 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users