Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random Reboot with black screen..help plse :(

• Please log in to reply
18 replies to this topic

#1 jai360

jai360

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:06 PM

Posted 14 September 2015 - 11:05 AM

ok guys im having this wired problem my PC reboots randomly at times i can't predict when it happens its just so random i cant find which one causing the problem
A month back i send mu PSU [ Cooler Master 750 w PSU ] to company they said something is burned inside and they said they got it done now everything is fine
infact i changed my UPS and got new APC BR1000 still im getting those random restart
now i dono which one is causing the problem
i checked both CPU and GPU temperature there are normal and around 40C - 50C
i guess GPU is working fine i just completed syndicate 2012 game few days back it worked fine
i think this PSU is the culprit ????

heres the config
AMD FX 8350
Cooler Master 750 w PSU
Corsair 8 GB DDR3
Seagate 1TB Sata Drive
Cooler master Hyper 212X CPU
cooler master k380 cabinet
Dell 21.5 inch monitor S2240L
Asus strix r9285 GPU
APC ups 1KV

i used BlueScreenView to get the dumpfiles report but it says 0 crash
in the event log i get this

Log Name: System

Source: Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power
Date: 9/11/2015 3:49:21 AM
Event ID: 41
Task Category: (63)
Level: Critical
Keywords: (2)
User: SYSTEM
Computer: Jairules
Description:
The system has rebooted without cleanly shutting down first. This error could be caused if the system stopped responding, crashed, or lost power unexpectedly.
Event Xml:
<System>
<Provider Name="Microsoft-Windows-Kernel-Power" Guid="{331C3B3A-2005-44C2-AC5E-77220C37D6B4}" />
<EventID>41</EventID>
<Version>2</Version>
<Level>1</Level>
<Task>63</Task>
<Opcode>0</Opcode>
<Keywords>0x8000000000000002</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-09-10T22:19:21.750816100Z" />
<EventRecordID>14331</EventRecordID>
<Correlation />
<Execution ProcessID="4" ThreadID="8" />
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Jairules</Computer>
<Security UserID="S-1-5-18" />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data Name="BugcheckCode">0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter1">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter2">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter3">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="BugcheckParameter4">0x0</Data>
<Data Name="SleepInProgress">false</Data>
<Data Name="PowerButtonTimestamp">0</Data>
</EventData>
</Event>

Log Name: System
Source: EventLog
Date: 9/11/2015 3:49:27 AM
Event ID: 6008
Task Category: None
Level: Error
Keywords: Classic
User: N/A
Computer: Jairules
Description:
The previous system shutdown at 3:48:10 AM on ?9/?11/?2015 was unexpected.
Event Xml:
<System>
<Provider Name="EventLog" />
<EventID Qualifiers="32768">6008</EventID>
<Level>2</Level>
<Task>0</Task>
<Keywords>0x80000000000000</Keywords>
<TimeCreated SystemTime="2015-09-10T22:19:27.000000000Z" />
<EventRecordID>14327</EventRecordID>
<Channel>System</Channel>
<Computer>Jairules</Computer>
<Security />
</System>
<EventData>
<Data>3:48:10 AM</Data>
<Data>?9/?11/?2015</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>39745</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Data>
</Data>
<Binary>DF07090005000B00030030000A006602DF07090004000A00160012000A006602600900003C000000010000006009000000000000B00400000100000000000000</Binary>
</EventData>
</Event>

help me brothers im totally confused as a designer i cant work coz of this random reboot
do you think changing the PSU will solve the problem im so so sacred even after buying new PSU if this prob shows up or something like that ...

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:36 AM

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:46 PM

In general, a reboot without a BSOD is usually a hardware problem.

To confirm this, please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
Also, feel free to get started on these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 jai360

jai360
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:54 AM

In general, a reboot without a BSOD is usually a hardware problem.

To confirm this, please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html
Also, feel free to get started on these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

First thanks for the Reply Sir !

yes i have done what you said and heres the link its just 31kb size 

https://drive.google.com/open?id=0Bwj4Z26UxEA9WUswY1lBR2JxMWs

thanks

#4 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:22 AM

The Google Drive link gives a 502 error.  Could you please zip up the log and attach it to your next post?

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 jai360

jai360
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:51 AM

The Google Drive link gives a 502 error.  Could you please zip up the log and attach it to your next post?

fine  i really do no hw to add files to the post

try this link

http://www.mediafire.com/download/jeduwin72rlr7c9/Admin.rar

#6 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:18 PM

That one worked!  Thanks!

Disk controller errors just before the latest Critical event

DNS errors (network) throughout.

So, how are the system temps just before the restart?

What are the results of the hardware diagnostics that I asked you to run?

#7 jai360

jai360
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 02:52 PM

That one worked!  Thanks!

Disk controller errors just before the latest Critical event

DNS errors (network) throughout.

So, how are the system temps just before the restart?

What are the results of the hardware diagnostics that I asked you to run?

Again thanks for the reply sir !

i got frequent net disconnection here i guess thats what it reads as DNS error [ i may be wrong... ]

Disk controller errors  i really dono what is that ...? is  it a serious issue ?

And about system temperature its always pretty normal around 40 to 50 C during those reboot i checked it it always reads around 40 to 50 c only. [ CPU 45C and GPU around 60C while playing ] 

and another main thing this random reboot happens mainly at night times few days back i got those wired reboot within a interval of 7 to 10 min continuously  it kept going on and on until i shut down the PC it worked normal during day time and few now and then reboot during day time but not like night time it happens rarely .

i know above thing sounds totally wired so initially i thought something wrong in my electric wiring and i checked socket wirings  with electrician they said everything is fine so i thought UPS got some power issue and i change it and brought new APC BR1000 still problem continues ... :(

finally about hardware diagnostics i haven't tried those coz i believe its power related as a designer / gamer i never got any performance related issue do you still feel i gottta run those hardware test ???

thanks !

#8 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 04:02 PM

Disk controller errors are a significant problem.  Without the disk controller working properly, you can't load programs (to include Windows).

As for the hardware diagnostics, this is your system - I only suggest things that might help.

You choose what you want to do.

Good luck to you, I wish you well in your future endeavors.

#9 jai360

jai360
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 06:37 PM

Disk controller errors are a significant problem.  Without the disk controller working properly, you can't load programs (to include Windows).

As for the hardware diagnostics, this is your system - I only suggest things that might help.

fine sir i understand the importance of hardware diagnostics i'll upload the test result ASAP [ very sorry ! for taking your suggestions lightly ] 

Disk controller errors does it mean i got some prob with my harddrive ?  

thanks 

#10 jai360

jai360
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 04:48 AM

hello sir i did those hardware test you mentioned 

tested harddrive using seagate  seatools for windows and it passed all the test 

P1KPhzI.png

o81sW4U.png

i tested my Ram using memtest86 i got no error 

i read EventID Qualifiers="49156        Event ID:      11 [ the one u mentioned as disk controller error  ]

is harddrive related problem ???? 

how to solve this problem sire plse help me !!!

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 05:55 AM

How many passes did you run MemTest86 for?

Did you run the Long/Extended test for the hard drive test?  The Short DST and the SMART tests aren't as accurate as the Long/Extended test.

At work we frequently see drives fail the Long/Extended test after passing the Short DST and SMART tests.

We are trying to eliminate problems by the use of diagnostics.

In this case there are signs of problems in your storage sub-system.  Running hard drive tests is the first step.  Other steps aren't as straightforward (such as updating the storage controller drivers),  Unfortunately there is no error report that states "this is the problem".  The reports only give us general directions to look in.  Finally, if it is a hardware problem the only sure test is to replace the bad component.  Unfortunately, this can get expensive if we just replace things randomly - so we run tests to help rule out some of the hardware.

OK, a bit more about the theory behind all of this.

There is no such thing as a random error with a computer.

There are just problems that we can't see the pattern to.

For example, if you can't see a system is overheating, then each time it overheats you'll see it as a random event.

So, to help with that we suggest monitoring your temperatures (if the system has the appropriate sensors).

Earlier on you had a question about the problem coming from your PSU.  If you had run all the tests that I suggested, you'd have seen that one of them also tests the PSU (it's the test from OCBase).

I have limited time to spend online and I like to help as many people as I can.

Should you choose to continue picking and choosing which suggestions of mine you'll follow - then I'd have to let you know that my time will be better spent with someone else (who follows suggestions).  I have no problem answering questions - but I do have problems with wasting my time.

#12 jai360

jai360
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 04:28 AM

How many passes did you run MemTest86 for?

Did you run the Long/Extended test for the hard drive test?  The Short DST and the SMART tests aren't as accurate as the Long/Extended test.

At work we frequently see drives fail the Long/Extended test after passing the Short DST and SMART tests.

We are trying to eliminate problems by the use of diagnostics.

In this case there are signs of problems in your storage sub-system.  Running hard drive tests is the first step.  Other steps aren't as straightforward (such as updating the storage controller drivers),  Unfortunately there is no error report that states "this is the problem".  The reports only give us general directions to look in.  Finally, if it is a hardware problem the only sure test is to replace the bad component.  Unfortunately, this can get expensive if we just replace things randomly - so we run tests to help rule out some of the hardware.

OK, a bit more about the theory behind all of this.

There is no such thing as a random error with a computer.

There are just problems that we can't see the pattern to.

For example, if you can't see a system is overheating, then each time it overheats you'll see it as a random event.

So, to help with that we suggest monitoring your temperatures (if the system has the appropriate sensors).

Earlier on you had a question about the problem coming from your PSU.  If you had run all the tests that I suggested, you'd have seen that one of them also tests the PSU (it's the test from OCBase).

I have limited time to spend online and I like to help as many people as I can.

Should you choose to continue picking and choosing which suggestions of mine you'll follow - then I'd have to let you know that my time will be better spent with someone else (who follows suggestions).  I have no problem answering questions - but I do have problems with wasting my time.

Hello sir here the test result 
For hard drive i did the Long generic test and it passed the test 

IS7PA15.png

And i did the memtest for 3 pass [ 5hrs] i dint got any error

Test reult image link 

http://i.imgur.com/Q5VkeDv.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/w6GaS3n.jpg

http://i.imgur.com/lppx3se.jpg

And about OCCT i really dont how to use it test my Pc so plse do guide me sir ! as soon as im done with test i will post the result 
as far as did you see any area were the problem is sir ??

thanks for you time 

#13 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 21 September 2015 - 07:05 AM

I looked at the screenshots of the MemTest results.

Is your motherboard and your RAM certified for XMP?

I'm not real familiar with this, and don't know it's impact on the test results.

As for OCCT - the tests are each on a tab on the left side of the program (starting with CPU:OCCT)

Click on the tab and then click on the "On" button. Let the test run (the default is for 1 hour).

Keep an eye out for errors (in the top of the left side of the OCCT program - where it says "Testing").

Also keep an eye out for the computer doing anything unexpected.

These are stress tests, so the general rule is if the computer is doing something unexpected, shut the computer off to stop the test.

The program will also generate graphs.  There's no need to upload them as I really can't make much sense out of them.

Did you run Furmark and Prime95?  If so, what were the results there?

Edited by usasma, 21 September 2015 - 07:07 AM.

#14 jai360

jai360
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 10 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2015 - 07:43 AM

I looked at the screenshots of the MemTest results.

Is your motherboard and your RAM certified for XMP?

I'm not real familiar with this, and don't know it's impact on the test results.

As for OCCT - the tests are each on a tab on the left side of the program (starting with CPU:OCCT)

Click on the tab and then click on the "On" button. Let the test run (the default is for 1 hour).

Keep an eye out for errors (in the top of the left side of the OCCT program - where it says "Testing").

Also keep an eye out for the computer doing anything unexpected.

These are stress tests, so the general rule is if the computer is doing something unexpected, shut the computer off to stop the test.

The program will also generate graphs.  There's no need to upload them as I really can't make much sense out of them.

hello sir 

Yup i did OCCT base test all i get is just increase in temperature[ due to stress test ] no error or nothing 

i also tried few test to find the GPU stability used to by gamers to check GPU stability after overclock its works fine.

As a experienced person what you get from those result sir ? 

#15 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 23 September 2015 - 08:02 AM

How high did the temperature go?

Unless the temp got really hot, then it seems that the video is OK.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users