Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Previously infected by malware...now computer is super slow

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 caringo

caringo

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:02 AM

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:40 AM

I was previously on this forum to get help removing malware from my computer...I got some awesome help, but never finished all the steps that were recommended to me (went on vacation and then completely forgot to follow up!) Most of the original problems from the malware are gone, but my computer is still so slow, and I still get random annoying browser ads randomly. Can someone help me figure out how to start over and clean up my computer?

Oh, and I just downloaded Windows 10. Everything seems even slower since then too!

Thank you!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 caringo

caringo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:41 AM

This is the thread I received help on previously: http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576108/malware-unwanted-programs-constantly-downloading-onto-my-computer/page-2#entry3719576

#3 crisis2k

crisis2k

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:57 AM

hi caringo i am philip you can call me phil

do you have just downloaded windows 10 or you have finished install windows 10 at this moment?

Edited by crisis2k, 14 September 2015 - 11:23 AM.

:welcome: My Name is Philip You Can Call Me Phil
Thank You I'll be there anytime you need help :rolleyes:

#4 caringo

caringo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:00 PM

Hi Phil,

I downloaded Windows 10 a few days ago.

#5 crisis2k

crisis2k

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:02 AM

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:39 PM

oh.. do you mean already have upgraded windows 10? or just downloaded windows 10 image and you still using windows 7?

i guess you using windows 10 at this time is'nt it? i surveyed your past history topic broni helped you and then now it has relapsed?

those symptoms is dropper/downloader symptom did you have ever fixed it by farbar or not?

Edited by crisis2k, 14 September 2015 - 03:53 PM.

:welcome: My Name is Philip You Can Call Me Phil
Thank You I'll be there anytime you need help :rolleyes:

#6 caringo

caringo
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 21 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:45 PM

I am currently using Windows 10.

I am not sure what you are asking otherwise...I followed the instructions given me in the previous thread except for those last given, the problem was fixed enough by then to make the computer usable but has never been completely fixed.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users