Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

New laptop (ASUS UX305F) - Can't setup up bluetooth support

• Please log in to reply
6 replies to this topic

#1 Boooster

Boooster

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:38 PM

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:09 AM

Hi all,

I recently purchased an ASUS UX305F which is supposed to come built in with Bluetooth 4.0 (I'd like to attach it to a bluetooth portable speaker for music - the model I have requires Bluetooth 3.0 or higher), but after two days of frustration I'm turning here for some guidance. 

The laptop came with windows 8, so I downgraded to Win 7 Ultimate edition and proceeded to install all the relevant drivers (directly from manufacturer's website as ASUS doesn't provide Win 7 drivers for this model.  I've managed to get everything aside from Bluetooth up and running, and I will outline what I have tried so far so hopefully someone can provide some insight as to what I'm doing wrong

In my registry I have the following installed:

1.  Wireless drivers (Intel PROSet/Wireless Software) v 18.12.1

2.  Intel ® Wireless Bluetooth ® (patch version 17.1.1512.771)

I've tried using the Intel Driver Update Utility and it tells me I can upgrade the Wireless and Bluetooth drivers, but the wireless driver is updated to latest version ), and for Bluetooth it tells me to update to 18.12.1 (same version as wireless driver) but it times out when trying to download.  When searching online, the version I have seems to be the latest version.

Checking in services.msi I have four entries related to Bluetooth running (BT Device Monitor, BT Media Service, BY OBEX Service, BT Support Service), but I can't see anything related to Bluetooth in Control Panel or Device Manager - when I try to add a device manually it doesn't detect anything with Bluetooth (neither phone nor speaker).  If I search for Bluetooth in the start menu I have "Bluetooth File Transfer" as an option but it doesn't work (can't connect with anything).

I've tried uninstalling and re-installing wireless and BP drivers to no avail, and can't find any "Enable bluetooth button" on my laptop I may be missing. 

Any help would be be much appreciated

Edited by hamluis, 14 September 2015 - 01:17 PM.
Moved from Win 7 to Internal Hardware - Hamluis.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Boooster

Boooster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:35 AM

Would a dongle help in this case?  If I can't enable native support

#3 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,009 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:38 AM

Posted 15 September 2015 - 09:18 AM

Right click your wireless controller in Device Manager. Right Click and select Properties. Under the Details tab select Hardware IDs. Copy and post the first line.

#4 Boooster

Boooster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 11:56 AM

PCI/VEN_8086&DEV_095A&SUBSYS_51108086&REV_59

I know Ven 8086 is Intel but Dev 095A I can't understand (http://www.pcidatabase.com/search.php?device_search_str=095a&device_search=Search)

#5 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,009 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:03 PM

The only reference I could find for that vendor and device ID was here. Notice there are no Asus driver listed. I will have to search for an intel driver if I can find it.

Intel® Dual Band Wireless-AC 7265

Edit: Here is the card

Edit: Uninstall both your wireless and bluetooth driver using Device Manager. Right click > Uninstall. Then install this driver. Use the larger download.

Wireless_18.20.0_ s64.exe

Version: 18.20.0 (Latest)

Date: 09/09/2015
Size: 107.41 MB

Edited by JohnC_21, 15 September 2015 - 12:11 PM.

#6 Boooster

Boooster
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:31 PM

Thanks for the reply - I appreciate your trying to help me

Tried uninstalling my wireless driver via device manager - I can't uninstall my BT driver because it isn't showing up in the device manager at all. 

I have wireless (again) but still no bluetooth - in programs and features I still have the Intel Wirelss Bluetooth patch version 17.1.1528.1594 and now the new entry for wireless software (18.20.0)

Edited by Boooster, 15 September 2015 - 12:32 PM.

#7 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 24,009 posts
  •  

Posted 15 September 2015 - 12:39 PM

If the intel driver did not work I am not sure what else to try. As you posted, you may need to get a dongle. 

Here is the standalone bluetooth software for the 7265 but notice that the version is older than the one you have installed. I don't know if installing this would work or not.

https://downloadcenter.intel.com/download/24852/

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users