Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

XCOM Enemy Unknown occasionally reboots my PC

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MartinAlvarez

MartinAlvarez

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:01 AM

Hello,

I am a new member but I think I will become quite active, I love this site.

I read another post with this same issue but there was no definitive solution.

Problem: My Windows 10 computer is a brand new Origin PC system with Nvidia cards running in SLI. My system has rebooted already in 2 different occasions while playing "XCOM: Enemy Unknown"; no BSOD, or warning, the PC went black and rebooted. The first time this happened the BIOS (ASUS) was running in Normal Mode, the second one the BIOS was in power saving mode. I have been looking in the Internet for solutions, and I can see that many XCom users had the same issue since Windows 8.1 (I am running Win 10), but the developers at 2K games blame the hardware most of the time.  I don't think my PC is the problem since I run newer and more "power consuming" and "graphics demanding" games and only XCom does this to me. Anyways, I am sharing my specs and toolbox report with you just for sanity.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/xfsBkaRTWJzOoj0JYMM3Rol

Best Regards

Martin

Attached Files

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users