Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Logitech stuck in registry

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 leis

leis

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:54 AM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:40 PM

I have resigned using Logitech as it was taking too much cpu resource and after completing uninstall as well as getting Setpoint removed, the registry has hangover of logtitech entries and I couldn't delete most of them. Setpoint was the same battle but I got most of those out with the exception of the top file in the right window pane if opening it's folder (obviously) in the left pane of the tree directory.

Any suggestions of removing and having registry cleaned from the reminants would be helpful. Thanks a lot.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 56,300 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:54 AM

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:38 PM

Revo Uninstaller, only if you are going to read the directions before using.

Manually using the Windows regedit function actually may be the "safer" option, IME.  It may take a few minutes longer but you can find everything with "logitech" and simple delete each item.

What's The Point?

Louis

#3 leis

leis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:27 PM

Hi Louis,

Thanks for taking the time to respond. I have attempted to go in and one-by-one remove or delete those voluminous Logitech entries and am denied at each try with warning or alert: Unable to Delete All Specified Values.

Maybe safe mode is other option. 

Thanks again,

leis

#4 Phantom010

Phantom010

• Members
  • 1,022 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:54 PM

Posted 15 September 2015 - 08:39 PM

As mentioned above, what's the point? You can find all registry keys containing the word "Logitech", but it doesn't mean there aren't other keys related to the program without the name Logitech in them.

As for your error message, try Taking Ownership of the Key.

Edited by Phantom010, 15 September 2015 - 08:45 PM.

#5 leis

leis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 16 September 2015 - 12:52 AM

I see and thank you again for this tutorial and I must say that I missed it last night when I believed it was an advertisement to buy software. (Sorry). :)   When I saw and clikd the 'point' lead or link.    

But it's not too unusual to arrive at that kind of keyed-up-about-the original issue-point and there's a buy-solution and ... anyway, maybe I didn't follow too much forward at that point of 'what's the point.'  ha

So, now I've followed the process of tutorial, I thought, pretty well...but something's up as I'm not the owner or permitting myself....I guess.

So, my diffy here, seems to be after the step 4 or wherever windows 7 (I followed) and for whatever reason, I am not either checking the right boxes because I always end up in this one box from a tab where I thought I already showed myself full control and / or permission, and it's something I've done before or have been readily familiar to, and that's about when I started with XP and took a little over and over again in getting down my usery or I'm the man...but the administrator user but not really, you know. So, sort of like the gov. Straw man user but really the administrator. Wow, that even sounds messy.

So, for that, we'll leave off, but if you can follow some of the more to this point of the last procedure of tutorial's when it says to make full control or permission and it stays greyed out or the necessary box to tick won't tick. And before all that, what i was meaning to say about past experience, was this other box that opens that i don't think qualifies in tutorial but i can't seem to shake it...it's where it asks for making object type or adding full permission and shows my name but nothing takes until or unless I type in that open fat box something happy. Or that is, to make what object, user or other....i don't know, there's 3 categories and I tried luring the User one since now we'll play the user game. And I don't feel like it.

Anyway, that's where triple A needs to be called if I had it. Sorry for the joking or what---

On the other hand, at work, (for real) at the present time, I'm learning new computer procedurals as a mandatory move on, the firm's going paperless and so it comes with its challenges, for sure. So, maybe I'm a little spent tonight and I'm going to try this tutorial again tomorrow and it's probably going to go better. :)

In the meantime, thanks for any further suggestions or recommends that, if you have or do, I appreciate it and your help and patience and all that*

Take care,

leis

#6 leis

leis
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 87 posts
  •  

Posted 20 September 2015 - 02:44 AM

Thanks for the lead of tutorial and yes, I accomplished taking ownership of the registry key after carefully following the tutorial.

Now another problem very similar is in trying to take ownership or at least for the reading of cbs.log regarding the sfc scannow test that failed and access denied to try to read the log.

I have researched several forums and all with the same kind of answers of suggestion of finding the bad parts that are unable to be repaired out of that long laundry list of logs, that I've seen most recently are by typing in commands from an elevated prompt that comes back every time upon completion and following their exact letters and symbols, as for instance "[SR]" and alert says that this is not recognized...etc...Geez!

Part of what's probably not repairable in the log is from recent security updates I deleted having to do with the windows 10 offer of upgrade. I noticed from about a month ago, the same scannow test showed of telementry (sic) that was missing, etc....Then after another deleted update as suggested, I cleared and passed the scannows. Up to today, where I'm back at fail. So, meanwhile, if any suggestions can be provided, thanks. If I can open log maybe I can post log that can be reviewed (here)?

Edited by leis, 20 September 2015 - 03:31 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users