Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Random BSOD while playing any Steam game

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 Skronic

Skronic

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:54 AM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:32 PM

· OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista ? Windows 7
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64
· What was original installed OS on system? Windows XP
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Full retail version
· Age of system (hardware) 4-5 years not really sure
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? I had Windows XP for 2-3 years and yeah now I have Windows 7

· CPU- Intel Core 2 Duo E6600 @ 2.40Ghz: 46°C

· Video Card- SyncMaster (1920x1200@59Hz)

2047MB NVIDIA GeForce GT 620 (EVGA): 70 °C

· System Manufacturer- Dell
· Exact model number (if laptop, check label on bottom) LS24TDNSUV/ZA

· Laptop or Desktop? Desktop

Basically I play a game for about 3-5 minutes, then the screen goes black and a little weird sound comes out from my computer and after that it restarts if I am not playing any game it just keeps running fine, I had tried cleaning my PC and downloading MSI Afterburner to boost the performance but it keeps restarting.

Here is the problem details given by Windows:

Problem signature:
  Problem Event Name: BlueScreen
  OS Version: 6.1.7601.2.1.0.256.4
  Locale ID: 1033

Additional information about the problem:
  BCCode: 116
  BCP1: FFFFFA800BB911E0
  BCP2: FFFFF88005E7FAF8
  BCP3: FFFFFFFFC000009A
  BCP4: 0000000000000004
  OS Version: 6_1_7601
  Service Pack: 1_0
  Product: 256_1

Files that help describe the problem:
  C:\Windows\Minidump\091315-24414-01.dmp
  C:\Users\Videojuegos\AppData\Local\Temp\WER-70730-0.sysdata.xml

Read our privacy statement online:

If the online privacy statement is not available, please read our privacy statement offline:
  C:\Windows\system32\en-US\erofflps.txt

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:54 AM

Posted 14 September 2015 - 06:46 PM

The Blue Screen error is a STOP 0x116 (the thing that says BCCode: 116) - a video timeout error.

Please follow these troubleshooting suggestions:  http://www.sysnative.com/forums/bsod-kernel-dump-analysis-debugging-information/35-video-tdr-timeout-0x116-0x117.html#post29532
Also, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

If that doesn't help, then please provide this information so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users