Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Can vcf files infect a computer?

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 Davka

Davka

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:50 AM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 06:09 PM

Hi computer gurus,

I'm worried about the following.  I am running Windows 7 premium with service pack 1.  The problem started when I downloaded an app for my iphone that said it would sync my iphone contacts with my google contacts. 

Next thing I knew, I saw that my main  email server had sent an email to my gmail account containing a vcf card for my doctor.  Like a fool I opened it in windows contacts.  Then I started to worry.

I worried even more when my husband got an email with one of my contacts (vcf) attached.

So...can opening a vcf card infect a computer? 

Thanks,

Dara

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users