Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 MartinAlvarez

MartinAlvarez

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:45 AM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:21 PM

Hello...

I am a new member but I think I will become quite active, I love this site.

I am having the same exact issue... no BSOD, XCom went black and rebooted. XCom (installed through Steam) reboots my PC. This is an Origin PC system, brand new with Nvidia cards running in SLI. My system has done this twice, the first time the BIOS (ASUS) was running in Normal Mode, the Second One in power saving mode. I have been scourging the network and I can see many XCom users having the same issue since Windows 8.1 (I am running Win 10), but the developers at 2K games blame the hardware most of the time.  I don't think my PC is the problem since I run newer and more "power consuming" and "graphics demanding" games and only XCom does this to me. Anyways, I am sharing my sopecs and toolbox report with you just for sanity.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/xfsBkaRTWJzOoj0JYMM3Rol

Mod Edit:  Split from http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/569433/computer-shuts-off-and-restarts-when-playing-game/page-0 - Hamluis.

Attached Files

Edited by hamluis, 13 September 2015 - 05:44 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,612 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 03:35 PM

Hello...

I am a new member but I think I will become quite active, I love this site.

I am having the same exact issue... no BSOD, XCom went black and rebooted. XCom (installed through Steam) reboots my PC. This is an Origin PC system, brand new with Nvidia cards running in SLI. My system has done this twice, the first time the BIOS (ASUS) was running in Normal Mode, the Second One in power saving mode. I have been scourging the network and I can see many XCom users having the same issue since Windows 8.1 (I am running Win 10), but the developers at 2K games blame the hardware most of the time.  I don't think my PC is the problem since I run newer and more "power consuming" and "graphics demanding" games and only XCom does this to me. Anyways, I am sharing my sopecs and toolbox report with you just for sanity.

http://speccy.piriform.com/results/xfsBkaRTWJzOoj0JYMM3Rol

You need to start your own topic.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,899 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:45 AM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 05:45 PM

Created topic for OP.

Louis

#4 MartinAlvarez

MartinAlvarez
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:53 AM

I am sorry, as I said I am new... I thought I was posting in a reply of another topic I will move my comment there. Thank you 

Edited by MartinAlvarez, 14 September 2015 - 12:53 AM.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users