Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Laptop will not boot

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 jimsmith2014

jimsmith2014

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:08 PM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:19 PM

Hi, I have a Dell Insperon R15 N5010 laptop. The laptop's fan was loud and laptop was heating up so I disassembled, cleaned the fan which was clogged and applied new thermal paste. I decided to reno the laptop so I added a new SSD drive and ordered a new fan and replaced CMOS battery (although tested old one any was still ok). W10 became available so I upgraded from W7. All went fine, like a new laptop, was quiet and faster and had W10. When the new fan arrived I opened the machine up and replaced. All worked fine after. One day was using outside (was warm day) came back to it after several hours and nothing on screen, and fan running very load. Rebooted several times but always the same: no post, nothing on screen and fan on right away. Have opened may times, reassembled again , always same situation when powered on - blank screen , fan sound, CD/DVD initiated sound, nothing else. Push power button and laptop shuts off immediately
Other info:
- reinstalled original fan – no difference
- reinstalled original HDD with W7 – no difference
- unconnected screen from mobo to see if I get error beeps - none
- removed RAM - no beeps
- tested new CMOS battery - ok
- switched with known working AC power cord - no difference
- switched with known working battery - no difference
- did the remove battery and AC and hold power button down technique, then reconnect AC – no difference
- power button is never lit
- AC power light is lit (front left hand side) when AC plugged in
- Unusual: when AC is plugged in the laptop is powered up immediately without pushing power button
Would ready like to troubleshoot, even with multimeter. Any suggestions ? Thanks

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users