Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Help a noob with some info pls

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 2015dannydanny2015

2015dannydanny2015

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:23 PM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:15 AM

Hi,

I am a novice when it comes to computers and could do with a helping hand requiring buying and first steps in learning some kind of computer skills..
I am in Slovenia and wanted to buy a new laptop,what I need to know is will the software be in Slovenian or can I change the settings to English when starting up the computer for the first time.
If the software is in Slovenian it will not be worth my while buying one here as I dont speak Slovenian as of yet.
I have seen a laptop with nothing on it,which I presume would mean buying that particular software in English and installing it myself.
If this is so,is it difficult to do ?.
Also some advice as what to study first regarding basic computer skills and if someone could recommend any budget laptops to learn on.approx 300 euro.
Thx in advance
Noob

Edited by 2015dannydanny2015, 13 September 2015 - 10:15 AM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:23 PM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:39 PM

Generally the default language will be for the country that the machine is bought, though during setup you can normally select a different language.  Best to do it during set up as most of the menus and such will be in that language.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users