Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Where can I get a key for Windows 10 Pro x64

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 saberwolf

saberwolf

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:48 PM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:41 AM

I was wondering.... does anyone know where I could purchase a key for Windows 10 Po x64 for cheap? I could then probably download a Win10 PRO x64 ISO from somewhere and use the key. Thanx in advance :)

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:54 AM

There is no cheap.  The best you can do is purchase an OEM copy, which is about $140.

An OEM license can only legally be used on one machine and not transferred to another.

#3 saberwolf

saberwolf
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 11 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:38 AM

There is no cheap.  The best you can do is purchase an OEM copy, which is about $140.

An OEM license can only legally be used on one machine and not transferred to another.

So Basically if I purchased this key and decided to upgrade my mobo and CPU in the future, I would be in trouble right?

Being the key only can activate on one machine.

#4 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,335 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:48 PM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:45 AM

Correct.  If you want to move the license in the future you need to purchase the retail version.

#5 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:09 AM

So Basically if I purchased this key and decided to upgrade my mobo and CPU in the future, I would be in trouble right?

Being the key only can activate on one machine.

Unless you live in Germany, according to the Windows 10 Terms of Use they can move an OEM license to another machine!

Transfer rights. I heard some observers speculate that the new terms would limit Windows 10 transfer rights. Nope. The new license agreement preserves the longstanding transfer rights: OEM copies are locked to the device on which they're sold, retail copies can be transferred to a different device as long as the old copy is removed first. (The Windows 10 EULA includes a specific exception for PC buyers in Germany, who are allowed to transfer OEM software thanks to a court ruling.)

Edited by SleepyDude, 13 September 2015 - 09:11 AM.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#6 Aura

Aura

Bleepin' Special Ops

• Malware Response Team
  • 19,596 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:53 AM

Unless you live in Germany, according to the Windows 10 Terms of Use they can move an OEM license to another machine!

I wish it was like that everywhere :P

unite_blue.png
Security Administrator | Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst | Malware Hunter | @SecurityAura
My timezone UTC-05:00 (East. Coast). If I didn't reply to you within 48 hours, please send me a PM.

#7 SleepyDude

SleepyDude

• Malware Response Team
  • 2,995 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 PM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:59 AM

I wish it was like that everywhere :P

Yep me also.

• Please do not PM me asking for support. Post on the forums instead it will increases the chances of getting help for your problem by one of us.
• Posts in the Malware section that are not replied to within 4 days will be closed. PM me or a moderator to reactivate.
• Please post your final results, good or bad. We like to know! Thank you!

Proud graduate of GeekU and member of UNITE
___
Rui

#8 CKing123

CKing123

• Members
  • 1,463 posts
  •  
  • Local time:03:48 PM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 12:13 PM

You might be able to get Windows 8/8.1 for cheaper price than Windows 10 OEM

Then, you can upgrade for free to Windows 10

If I am helping you and I don't respond within 2 days, feel free to send me a PM

Sysnative Windows Update Senior Analyst 

Github | Keybase

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users