Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

laptop screen, changing resolution&screen easy or not?

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 allstock

allstock

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:48 AM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 02:28 AM

Hello all, the laptop in question is an hpcompaq 6710b. Wanted to know if it's an easy swap to change the resolution from a

WXGA (1280x800) Matte to a WSXGA+ (1680x1050) Glossy?

Is this a possibility without major software changes etc.? Thanks in advance to all you guys.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,391 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:05 AM

Looking at the service manual there are at least six different system boards that may be in that machine.  I do not know if all system boards will support both screens.  Provided the hardware works, the software side is a simple resolution change.

#3 allstock

allstock
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 120 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:58 AM

Well it looks like i might be sol. Man nothing is easy. I was looking online for suppliers and all of them were out of stock...probably due to the lack of demand. Well I'll keep trying. Thanks Kilroy, I downloaded the adobe file so I can figure out which screen I have. Your great man!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users