Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

SFC Can not repair "iesysprep.dll"

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 ItsAPain

ItsAPain

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:03 PM

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:29 PM

Hi,

My System:

Windows 7 sp1 Pro x64

HP Envy 700-515xt Desktop PC

4th Generation Intel® Core™ i7-4790 processor quad-core [3.6GHz, 8MB Shared Cache]

8GB DDR3-1600MHz

Integrated Intel HD Graphics 4600 (GT2) integrated graphics

I do not use IE as my default browser. In fact I do not use it at all. My default browser is Pale Moon.

Running SFC /scannow advised that "Windows found corrupt files but was unable to fix some of them".

I ran SFC in safe mode and at boot with the same results.

They are both regarding iesysprep.dll

Cannot repair member file [l:26{13}]"iesysprep.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-Sysprep, Version = 11.2.9600.16428, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_IA32_ON_WIN64 (10), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

And

Cannot repair member file [l:26{13}]"iesysprep.dll" of Microsoft-Windows-IE-Sysprep, Version = 11.2.9600.16428, pA = PROCESSOR_ARCHITECTURE_IA32_ON_WIN64 (10), Culture neutral, VersionScope = 1 nonSxS, PublicKeyToken = {l:8 b:31bf3856ad364e35}, Type neutral, TypeName neutral, PublicKey neutral in the store, hash mismatch

This component was referenced by [l:230{115}]"Microsoft-Windows-InternetExplorer-VistaPlus-Update~31bf3856ad364e35~amd64~~11.2.9600.16428.Internet-Explorer-amd64"

Could not reproject corrupted file [ml:48{24},l:46{23}]"\??\C:\Windows\SysWOW64"\[l:26{13}]"iesysprep.dll"; source file in store is also corrupted

I had this error out of the box when I purchased it 5 months ago and HP couldn't offer any answers to fix it.

Please let me know if any additional information is needed.

Any assistance will be greatly appreciated.

Thanks,

Stan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Hakezu

Hakezu

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:03 PM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 07:46 AM

Did you run the SFC on an elevated command prompt?

Edited by Hakezu, 13 September 2015 - 07:46 AM.

#3 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:03 AM

sfc /scannow is not going to repair this, the repair involves a registry edit.  You can read about this at Microsoft Support.

Try doing a system restore to see if it will resolve this issue.  Use a restore point prior to this problem.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#4 ItsAPain

ItsAPain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:40 AM

Hakezu, Thanks for the reply. I felt sure I had used the correct admin elevated prompt but jsut to be sure I did it again making sure I was in the C:\Windows\System32 and ran SFC again. The results were the same.

DC3, Thank you for your reply as well. Unfortunately this error was present when I took this computer out of the box. It was also present after a complete restore to factory settings. I even had HP send me Recovery Disks that produced the same results. So a restore point would not clear this up. The problem has been there since day 1. HP finially offered no furthur assistance and gave up on me.

On Edit

I just finished reading the link you posted and I am not having the symptoms described as "SYSPRP LaunchDll:Could not load DLL C:\Windows\SysWOW64\iesysprep.dll[gle=0x000000c1"

IE11 was installed when I updated Windows back in May.

Edited by ItsAPain, 13 September 2015 - 08:46 AM.

#5 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 08:51 AM

When you post a topic like this you need to include information such as you just posted so that those reading your topic are better informed which will reflect is suggestions made.

Is this computer still under warranty?

Edited by dc3, 13 September 2015 - 08:55 AM.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#6 ItsAPain

ItsAPain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:13 AM

dc3, I apologize for not making it more clear about when the problem started but I did include the following in my original post:

"I had this error out of the box when I purchased it 5 months ago and HP couldn't offer any answers to fix it."

In answer to your question: Yes it is still under warranty. However, they are refusing to help me. At one point they remotely connected to my system with the end result being to send me Recovery Disks instead of using the recovery partition. As said the results were the same. I contacted HP several times but as I said they have no solution and will no longer discuss the issue with me.

One HP tech told me it was normal and to not worry about it but some how it doesn't seem that it should be this way.

I just read a article posted at Windows Seven that they resolved the issue by removing IE 10 (I have IE Updated to 11) and then installing IE 8 . I don't know if that's the answer or not but I'm will ing to try it.

#7 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:23 AM

HP told you that not being able to download and install Windows updates wasn't important?!?  You need to speak to a supervisor and get some results, like either repair this computer or replace it.

#8 ItsAPain

ItsAPain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:33 AM

dc3,

They told me the error was normal. Once I retored the system with the Factory Recovery Disks they sent me and pror to installing any Windows updates I ran SFC and the same error was present. I have talked to supervisors and sent letters they will not replace the system or fix the problem and continue to tell me not to worry about it.

#9 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:06 AM

How is this error affecting this computer's performance?

#10 ItsAPain

ItsAPain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:18 AM

I don't know if it is or isn't affecting the performance as it has always been present.  That's why I am attempting to correct it. Perhaps it is affecting it and correcting it would improve the performance.

#11 ItsAPain

ItsAPain
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:38 AM

dc3,

Thanks for the taking of your time to assist me.

I have resolved the the error and SFC is now reporting that there are no integrity errors.

This is probably not the best course of action for anyone else experiencing these errors. Especially if you use IE as your Internet browser. I don't and it is now blocked from accessing the Internet.

I uninstalled the IE 11 Windows update which rolled IE back to V8 and resolved the integrity errors. I'll be sure to hide any future updates to IE I don't do automatic updates but rather manually. I believe the Recovery Disks from HP included IE 10 and there must be some issue with IE 10 in those disks. I find it interesting that uninstalling the IE11 update rolled IE back to v8.

My interest in fixing this problem were for three reasons. 1. OCD about system errors, I must get over that. 2. I intend to migrate this system to a SSD in the future and very much wanted a it to not have integrity errors.  3. I did not know if the errors were impacting my system performance. I'll have to see if things seem any better but I doubt I'll notice it if it is.

Again thanks for you time and help,

Stan

#12 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,590 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 11:44 AM

Glad to hear that the issue is resolved.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users