Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Malwarebytes repeatedly blocking outgoing to istatic.eshopcomp >ouch<

• Please log in to reply
30 replies to this topic

#1 WhyDavid

WhyDavid

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:28 PM

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:33 PM

in Firefox, yesterday, a pop-up of some sort said we needed to update a video viewer (or something... wife was there, not me)

SO, since that sort of thing DOES happen... she clicked... OUCH!

So now Malwarebytes is repeatedly blocking outgoing information to istatic.eshopcomp (dotcom) and it appears we are infected.  I would like to clear that virus. ALSO I do not know if something ELSE might have been indicated by the video viewer update...

SO, my initial question is: "How do I diagnose IF I have a virus and WHICH virus(es) I have."  

ALSO,

Since it appears that the ORDER steps are taken matters, I would appreciate some clues about where to begin.

Edited by WhyDavid, 12 September 2015 - 06:53 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Orange Blossom

Orange Blossom

OBleepin Investigator

• 36,963 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:13 PM

What operating system do you have installed on this machine?

~ OB :cherry:

Help us help you. If HelpBot replies, you MUST follow step 1 in its reply so we know you need help.

Orange Blossom

An ounce of prevention is worth a pound of cure

SpywareBlaster, WinPatrol Plus, ESET Smart Security, Malwarebytes' Anti-Malware, NoScript Firefox ext., Norton noscript

#3 WhyDavid

WhyDavid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2015 - 07:44 PM

Windows7

#4 crisis2k

crisis2k

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:28 PM

Posted 14 September 2015 - 01:16 AM

Hi WhyDavid istatic.eshopcomp is known as one of the hijackers

you can try these following processes if you want it

these is 1st step of removing hijackers

1. download JRT and run it with administrator permission

it will show console screen and asking you then you just can stroke enter

few seconds after it will show you texts in notepad you can upload those contents in the notepad

2. download ADWCLEANER and run it with administrator permission and click the i agree button

when it show waiting for action message you can click the scan button then adwcleaner shall scan your computer

when the scan complete it will show you waiting for actions please uncheck elements you want to keep

you just can click cleaning button you have to reboot if adwcleaner demanding reboot

3. download ART and run it with administrator permission and click the yes i agree button

click the scan button and click clean button when you have scan finished

clean next button when you have clean finished and then click reset mogilla firefox button

reboot and try surfing with firefox and send me a symptoms thx

Edited by crisis2k, 14 September 2015 - 01:20 AM.

:welcome: My Name is Philip You Can Call Me Phil
Thank You I'll be there anytime you need help :rolleyes:

#5 WhyDavid

WhyDavid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:01 PM

OK Thanks!

here is the JRT text report:

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~
Junkware Removal Tool (JRT) by Malwarebytes
Version: 7.6.1 (09.08.2015:1)
Ran by eLiz on Mon 09/14/2015 at 12:53:33.96

~~~ Services

Successfully deleted: [Service] windivert64 [Reboot required]

~~~ Tasks

Successfully deleted: [Task] C:\Windows\system32\tasks\DiskUpdate

~~~ Registry Values

Successfully deleted: [Registry Value] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Run\\GoogleChromeAutoLaunch_4E528EDD75D2464BB9EA57EA118DE413
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\\Start Page
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_USERS\.DEFAULT\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\\Start Page
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-18\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\\Start Page
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-19\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\\Start Page
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-20\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\\Start Page
Successfully repaired: [Registry Value] HKEY_USERS\S-1-5-21-2684508836-2047764344-1947056748-1001\Software\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Main\\Start Page

~~~ Registry Keys

Successfully deleted: [Registry Key] HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\APN PIP

~~~ Files

Successfully deleted: [File] C:\Users\eLiz\Appdata\Local\google\chrome\user data\default\local storage\hxxp_www.ask.com_0.localstorage
Successfully deleted: [File] C:\Users\eLiz\Appdata\Local\google\chrome\user data\default\local storage\hxxp_www.ask.com_0.localstorage-journal
Successfully deleted: [File] C:\Users\eLiz\Appdata\Local\google\chrome\user data\default\local storage\hxxp_www.lyricsfreak.com_0.localstorage
Successfully deleted: [File] C:\Users\eLiz\Appdata\Local\google\chrome\user data\default\local storage\hxxp_www.lyricsfreak.com_0.localstorage-journal

~~~ Folders

Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\eLiz\Appdata\Local\{325C5677-502B-44AC-8CD6-728DFF08760B}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\eLiz\Appdata\Local\{7934A1B1-14F3-477D-89C9-8C2FCC7D461B}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\eLiz\Appdata\Local\{B33BAD4A-FB72-41BC-AAE6-7670376B2632}
Successfully deleted: [Empty Folder] C:\Users\eLiz\Appdata\Local\{C0E9CF77-B734-4E61-8EB1-80945437793B}
Successfully deleted: [Folder] C:\ProgramData\apn
Successfully deleted: [Folder] C:\ProgramData\partner

~~~ Chrome

[C:\Users\eLiz\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences] - default search provider reset

[C:\Users\eLiz\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Preferences] - Extensions Deleted:

[C:\Users\eLiz\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] - default search provider reset

[C:\Users\eLiz\Appdata\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Secure Preferences] - Extensions Deleted:
[
  pljcgbedjplidkdjahbaalanadmjfgop
]

Scan was completed on Mon 09/14/2015 at 12:55:15.31
End of JRT log

#6 WhyDavid

WhyDavid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:33 PM

with adwcleaner I detected ONLY WinDivert64

I chose to delete WinDriver64

here are the report files adwcleaner generated (one at a time, to make scrolling less of a chore):

AdwCleaner[C1].txt

# AdwCleaner v5.007 - Logfile created 14/09/2015 at 13:17:31
# Updated 08/09/2015 by Xplode
# Database : 2015-09-08.2 [Local]
# Operating system : Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (x64)
# Username : eLiz - ELIZ-THINKS
# Running from : D:\toolbox\adwcleaner_5.007.exe
# Option : Cleaning

***** [ Services ] *****

[-] Service Deleted : WinDivert64

***** [ Folders ] *****

[-] Folder Deleted : C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Temp\apn

***** [ Files ] *****

[-] File Deleted : C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxp_www.shopathome.com_0.localstorage
[-] File Deleted : C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxp_www.shopathome.com_0.localstorage-journal
[-] File Deleted : C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxp_www.yourtango.com_0.localstorage
[-] File Deleted : C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxp_www.yourtango.com_0.localstorage-journal

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\protector_dll.protectorbho
[-] Key Deleted : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\protector_dll.protectorbho.1
[-] Key Deleted : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UpgradeCodes\7AB5857A57A0687786597A857BFFFFFF

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

[-] [C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Deleted : websearch.ask.com
[-] [C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Deleted : aol.com
[-] [C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Deleted : ask.com
[-] [C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Deleted : ask search
[-] [C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Deleted : wayfair.com
[-] [C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web Data] [Search Provider] Deleted : mozilla-firefox.en.softonic.com

:: Winsock settings cleared

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[C1].txt - [2231 bytes] ##########

#7 crisis2k

crisis2k

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  

Nice Job WhyDavid

your computer looks like infected by many malicious objects

jrt has detected many objects it is not so good news for you

jrt detecting not so many objects normally try adwcleaner and art too

reset mogilla firefox --> this is specially important

C:\Windows\system32\tasks\objects name is very nasty ones normally.. in most of cases it is host

when you have done all of it then reboot and surfing with firefox and tell me your symptoms left

if you dont have symptoms anymore then check following folders

c:\windows\tasks folder

c:\windows\system32\tasks folder

c:\windows\syswow64\tasks folder

tell me what folders/files there in those folders

#8 WhyDavid

WhyDavid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

AdwCleaner[S1].txt

# AdwCleaner v5.007 - Logfile created 14/09/2015 at 13:05:08
# Updated 08/09/2015 by Xplode
# Database : 2015-09-08.2 [Local]
# Operating system : Windows 7 Professional Service Pack 1 (x64)
# Username : eLiz - ELIZ-THINKS
# Running from : D:\toolbox\adwcleaner_5.007.exe
# Option : Scan

***** [ Services ] *****

Service Found : WinDivert64

***** [ Folders ] *****

Folder Found : C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Temp\apn

***** [ Files ] *****

File Found : C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxp_www.shopathome.com_0.localstorage
File Found : C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxp_www.shopathome.com_0.localstorage-journal
File Found : C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxp_www.yourtango.com_0.localstorage
File Found : C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\hxxp_www.yourtango.com_0.localstorage-journal

***** [ Shortcuts ] *****

***** [ Scheduled tasks ] *****

***** [ Registry ] *****

Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\protector_dll.protectorbho
Key Found : HKLM\SOFTWARE\Classes\protector_dll.protectorbho.1
Key Found : [x64] HKLM\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Windows\CurrentVersion\Installer\UpgradeCodes\7AB5857A57A0687786597A857BFFFFFF

***** [ Web browsers ] *****

[C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] [Search Provider] Found : websearch.ask.com
[C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] [Search Provider] Found : aol.com
[C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] [Search Provider] Found : ask.com
[C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] [Search Provider] Found : ask search
[C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] [Search Provider] Found : wayfair.com
[C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Web data] [Search Provider] Found : mozilla-firefox.en.softonic.com

########## EOF - C:\AdwCleaner\AdwCleaner[S1].txt - [2077 bytes] ##########

#9 WhyDavid

WhyDavid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:35 PM

Quarantine.txt :

C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Temp\apn\ReportingData.dat->C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Temp\apn\ReportingData.dat.vir
C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_www.shopathome.com_0.localstorage->C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_www.shopathome.com_0.localstorage.vir
C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_www.shopathome.com_0.localstorage-journal->C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_www.shopathome.com_0.localstorage-journal.vir
C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_www.yourtango.com_0.localstorage->C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_www.yourtango.com_0.localstorage.vir
C:\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_www.yourtango.com_0.localstorage-journal->C:\AdwCleaner\Quarantine\C\Users\eLiz\AppData\Local\Google\Chrome\User Data\Default\Local Storage\http_www.yourtango.com_0.localstorage-journal.vir

#10 WhyDavid

WhyDavid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:38 PM

Nice Job WhyDavid

your computer looks like infected by many malicious objects

jrt has detected many objects it is not so good news for you

jrt detecting not so many objects normally try adwcleaner and art too

C:\Windows\system32\tasks\objects name is very nasty ones normally.. in most of cases it is host

when you have done all of it then reboot and surfing with firefox and tell me your symptoms left

if you dont have symptoms anymore then check following folders

tell me what folders/files there in those folders

OK well, I guess it just means work and we are on the right path, thanks to you.

I did clear cache on Mozilla Firefox as my first step, before coming to BleepingComputer

Shall I run ART next? or is the message above saying to do something else first?

(I will re-read all)

#11 WhyDavid

WhyDavid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:49 PM

...try adwcleaner and art too

C:\Windows\system32\tasks\objects name is very nasty ones normally.. in most of cases it is host...

I take it that you want me to rune adwcleaner (which I have) and ART also...

Will now run ART and reset mozilla firefox

HOWEVER: 

I will not recognize what I should delete from C:\Windows\system32\tasks\objects

Perhaps you are saying ART will do this.  I will take that next step and find out...

THANK YOU "crisis2k"!

#12 crisis2k

crisis2k

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 12:51 PM

jrt -> adwcleaner -> art is compulsory process irrespectively infected or not

ofcourse you have to run jrt  -> adwcleaner -> art and reset mozilla firefox too

i have few more steps but these is primary course

C:\Windows\system32\tasks\objects was just a illustration i say

i mean C:\Windows\system32\tasks\DiskUpdate was host

if jrt has removed diskupdate then you can't find diskupdate anymore  :tophat: 

Edited by crisis2k, 14 September 2015 - 01:01 PM.

#13 WhyDavid

WhyDavid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:32 PM

ART scan log:

Scan_Logs_2015_09_14_13_57_02.txt

Adware Removal Tool v4.1
Time: 2015_09_14_13_57_02
Account Name: eLiz
Adware Definition: Sep-13-2015-2
Scan Status:- Automatic Done

\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Scan Logs \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

PCTBrowserDefender.dll ->> Registry Value Data ->> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility\{2A0F3D1B-0909-4FF4-B272-609CCE6054E7}\ ->> DllName

PCTBrowserDefender.dll ->> Registry Value Data ->> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility\{472734EA-242A-422B-ADF8-83D1E48CC825}\ ->> DllName

PCTBrowserDefender.dll ->> Registry Value Data ->> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility\{2A0F3D1B-0909-4FF4-B272-609CCE6054E7}\ ->> DllName

PCTBrowserDefender.dll ->> Registry Value Data ->> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility\{472734EA-242A-422B-ADF8-83D1E48CC825}\ ->> DllName

Repair_Logs_2015_09_14_13_57_02.txt

Adware Removal Tool v4.1
Time: 2015_09_14_13_57_02
Account Name: eLiz
Adware Definition: Sep-13-2015-2
Repair Status:- Automatic Done
\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\ Repair Logs \\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\\

Deleted ->> Registry Value Data ->> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility\{2A0F3D1B-0909-4FF4-B272-609CCE6054E7}\ ->> DllName : PCTBrowserDefender.dll

Deleted ->> Registry Value Data ->> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility\{472734EA-242A-422B-ADF8-83D1E48CC825}\ ->> DllName : PCTBrowserDefender.dll

Deleted ->> Registry Value Data ->> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility\{2A0F3D1B-0909-4FF4-B272-609CCE6054E7}\ ->> DllName : PCTBrowserDefender.dll

Deleted ->> Registry Value Data ->> HKEY_LOCAL_MACHINE\SOFTWARE\Microsoft\Internet Explorer\Extension Compatibility\{472734EA-242A-422B-ADF8-83D1E48CC825}\ ->> DllName : PCTBrowserDefender.dll

#14 WhyDavid

WhyDavid
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 23 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:38 PM

OK

Phil

I have sent small thank you via paypal (sorry so small)

now rebooting and will surf with firefox

I will check folders

and I will send list of contents of each.

#15 crisis2k

crisis2k

• Members
  • 121 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:27 PM

alright thank you for your sincerity  :guitar:

i recommending surf firefox for test about 10 minutes ~ 20 minutes

and then send me a result please