Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Built a new computer, frames overall on computer fluctuate a lot.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 redapple46

redapple46

• Members
  • 5 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:04 PM

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:02 PM

Hi, I recently finished building my computer and encountered a problem potentially regarding the graphics card or anything that might be a cause for this.

The problem consists of frames fluctuating in games, going from 180 down to 15-20 and then going back up to around 200... constantly. Although I am not too experienced with stronger faster computers, I do believe that when I move a window(at a reasonable speed) on my desktop or in general somewhere on my screen, the window should not necessarily leave traces of it being moved. The traces only last about 1 second but this shouldn't be happening. 

In all honesty i am not 100% sure where this problem could be coming from, but I would greatly appreciate some assistance to fix this somehow.

My computer's main details include:

-Intel Core i7-4790K 4.0GHz Quad-Core Processor

-MSI Z97-G45 Gaming ATX LGA1150 Motherboard

-Corsair Vengeance Pro 16GB (2 x 8GB) DDR3-1866 Memory

-Samsung 850 Pro Series 256GB 2.5" Solid State Drive

-Seagate Barracuda 2TB 3.5" 7200RPM Internal Hard Drive

-MSI GeForce GTX 970 4GB Twin Frozr V Video Card

-NZXT Phantom (White) ATX Full Tower Case

-Corsair CX 750W 80+ Bronze Certified Semi-Modular ATX Power Supply

-Asus DRW-24B1ST/BLK/B/AS DVD/CD Writer

If you want to see the parts for yourself, click this link: http://pcpartpicker.com/p/Qqfs4D

P.S. If I posted this in the wrong section, i'm very sorry and it might be due to the fact that I am very new to this forum. Sorry for the inconvenience.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 Kilroy

Kilroy

• BC Advisor
  • 3,442 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:04 AM

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:23 AM

What operating system are you using?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users