Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Screen resolution with external monitor

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 wileyy23

wileyy23

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:45 PM

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:41 PM

Alright, so my laptop screen has been severely cracked for over two years (so badly that I can't use the left portion of the screen and also some of the right side). I have been using external monitors or televisions with hdmi inputs since it broke and have run into few problems. I recently moved and got all new stuff including a tv. Currently the tv is the only thing I have that I can use as an external monitor. 

My problem lies in the resolution. There is no resolution available that will fit the screen. Most of them are far too wide and long, so much that portions of my desktop are "hanging off" of the screen, and the others are so small that I can't really see anything at all. What do I do?! I've searched the web for an answer, I tried using software to change the available resolutions. I didnt seem to have this problem when I had windows 7, so i'm wondering if it doesnt have something to do with the operating system.

If you have any suggestions please reply asap! I can barely use my computer and it is utterly frustrating. 

Edited by wileyy23, 12 September 2015 - 04:49 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users