Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Issues With Resetting the Computer: No Mouse on Reboot

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 Aeradom

Aeradom

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:34 PM

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:18 PM

So, just installed Windows 10 and things seem to be doing pretty good but the computer is in bad need of a reset still. Following the recommendation of Microsoft, I've gone ahead and installed Windows 10 and am now ready to proceed. I pull up the boot menu, select reset and to remove all files and the computer boots up as normal. 

Then, it comes up with a screen asking if I just want to clean out my main driver or all drives. The problem is there is no mouse, I can't select it. I've hit all the keys on the keyboard I could think of (F keys, number keys, arrow keys and enter) to no avail. And thus, I had to abort and come back here. Anyone have any idea why my mouse is not working then? It's working now so it doesn't seem to be an issue with it.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,939 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:48 PM

On previous versions of Windows you can navigate the options using the Tab key. Then press Enter. You may need to tap the tab key a couple of times to get to the selection you need.

#3 Aeradom

Aeradom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 10:50 AM

On previous versions of Windows you can navigate the options using the Tab key. Then press Enter. You may need to tap the tab key a couple of times to get to the selection you need.

No Tab Key function on Windows 10, or at least it doesn't work for me. 

Edit: It seems my Keyboard is locked when the computer is in this mode. Not sure why. 

Edited by Aeradom, 14 September 2015 - 11:22 AM.

#4 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 22,939 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:34 AM

Posted 14 September 2015 - 02:37 PM

Does it give you an option to bypass the reset option and just boot into windows?

#5 Aeradom

Aeradom
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:11 PM

Does it give you an option to bypass the reset option and just boot into windows?

Nope, I just have to restart the computer manually and it boots back up like normal. The issue only occurs when I go to reset my computer. 

#6 leithanne

leithanne

• Members
  • 327 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 03:43 PM

Is your mouse wireless? If so. do you have a USB mouse you could try?

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users