Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Installation Error 2349

• Please log in to reply
7 replies to this topic

#1 static88

static88

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  
  • Local time:05:35 AM

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:34 AM

i am trying to install a game and after the installer gets about halfway through, it pops up with an error number 2349. i have contacted technical support with the games website but they really couldn't help me. they had me create a new account on my computer and download and install from there. it did install just fine on the new account, but just like i told them, i should not have to sign into a different account just to play the game. the installer does not give me the option to install for all users on this machine. i am running windows 7 64 bit. any help would be greatly appreciated. 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:35 AM

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:09 PM

Can you install anything...from your "old" account?

Does the problem extend to other install efforts?

Louis

#3 static88

static88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2015 - 03:33 PM

i have been able to install everything else except this.

#4 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:33 PM

I would say...that points to media/download used for your attempt...just my guess.

Louis

#5 static88

static88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:28 PM

but i have downloaded it from their website and it works on a different computer and even the same computer but a different account. :/

#6 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2015 - 06:37 PM

i have no answer...but the fact that it works on another account kind of removes Windows from the blame list.  Which only leaves (IMO) your user account.

Fix a corrupted user profile, Win 7 - http://windows.microsoft.com/en-us/windows7/fix-a-corrupted-user-profile

Louis

#7 static88

static88
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 6 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:02 AM

Thank you for the info Louis, unfortunately though, I have way too much data to copy over to a new account. I did a quick Google search to see if there was another way to try and repair an account and was unable to find one. However, I did read something about safe mode, I don't really remember what it was, and thought to myself, that should work. Booted into safe mode, loaded the installer service and started it, ran my installer, and everything worked fine. Would like to try to figure out why I couldn't / can't install when I'm not in safe mode, but I figured I'd post my "solution" to hopefully help someone else out. The error number 2349 I got seems to be really uncommon with even less info and solutions out there. According to microsoft, the error means "copy resumed with different info." From what I've gathered, the most common cause is a dirty or scratched cd or dvd, or a corrupt downloaded file. I have downloaded it somewhere around 8 or 9 times, so I find it hard to believe that it has been corrupt all those times. I don't know. Thanks for your time and help Louis! Another reason I like this site. I posted on amouthed site as well, and just like the last time I posted a question there, got no help just smart aleck answers.

#8 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,723 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 10:45 AM

Glad you resolved it :).

Except for a very few...members here at BC try to offer something helpful...I guess that we fail to see the point in being obnoxious and unhelpful :).

Happy computing :).

Louis

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users