Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Newbie here, hello to everyone!

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 SnoWalker

SnoWalker

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:47 AM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 09:37 PM

I've got a problem that must be a taboo subject, as no one even tries to answer my questions. I have Windows 7 Home Premium and I tried to change the Administrator tag from my girlfriend to myself. It showed immediately in her box that she was now a standard user. My tag didn't change at all. So I went and attempted to use my new classification and found that it had not changed one bit. So back I go to reverse it and leave well enough alone. I tried to make my girlfriend the Administrator again but was stopped with a small window claimng that nothing could be changed because the "Local Policy Group" had all the power. I looked into a "restore" but was told the same thing. Some of my programs won't open and the window with the "local policy group" keeps popping up everywhere. Can anyone shed some light on this? Thanks

Edited by SnoWalker, 11 September 2015 - 09:57 PM.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 12 September 2015 - 08:51 AM

Is this your computer?

When you use the term "tag" are you referring to the administrative user account?

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#3 SnoWalker

SnoWalker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2015 - 09:16 AM

Yes on both counts, thanks for answering.

#4 dc3

dc3

Bleeping Treehugger

• Members
  • 30,810 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:47 AM

Posted 12 September 2015 - 10:32 AM

Try making a new user account with administrative rights.  You do this in the Control Panel under User Accounts.

Family and loved ones will always be a priority in my daily life.  You never know when one will leave you.

#5 SnoWalker

SnoWalker
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 3 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:59 PM

I went to User Accounts, there is no option for opening a new account of any kind. I did click the "change your account type." I got the same small window from local priority group. I tried the other choices in Users Account with the same results. I've been fighting this thing since Thursday evening, I have Windows 10 to thank for it. Thanks again

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users