Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Need to get rid of a virus.

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 kodify

kodify

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:07 PM

I have a port scanner running on my computer (outgoing firewall shows iterative port access attempts, looks multithreaded with independent threads, due to some repeats and asynchronous behavior, likely to fool heuristics), and had someone attempt to log in to my facebook from Taiwan.

So, it's a bit of a problem.

There was an exe it ran before I could shut off the computer, I held down the power button to shut off the PC, but evidently not fast enough.

My situation is as follows, the Windows 10 update is ready, and I'd love to upgrade then do a clean install (possible?).  

I'm on a windows 8.1 computer and need a computer I KNOW 100% (or as close as possible) is clean.

Some PDF files will need to be saved. (Taxes, important information)   However, I am ALL FOR blocking Adobe Acrobat from every running (and even uninstalling it).  And I may try re-printing all of them to remove any possibility using a second computer, a mass download, and print to google docs. (That is the best idea I have so far).

Additionally, if anyone knows of a way to get chrome to prompt before it downloads, let me know.

Problem is, I don't have rescue CD's/DVD's I can trust.  So... does anyone have a suggestion of the best course of action?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 boopme

boopme

To Insanity and Beyond

• Global Moderator
  • 73,493 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:37 PM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:27 PM

Hello kodify, we need a deeper look and to repost..

Please follow this Preparation Guide and post in a new topic.
Let me know if all went well.
How do I get help? Who is helping me?For the time will come when men will not put up with sound doctrine. Instead, to suit their own desires, they will gather around them a great number of teachers to say what their itching ears want to hear....Become a BleepingComputer fan: Facebook

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users