Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Uninstalling Office 2013

• Please log in to reply
1 reply to this topic

#1 newagedavey11

newagedavey11

• Members
  • 73 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:48 PM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:39 PM

Hello All

First I must thank DC3 for his help on the problem that spawned this post,

I have simplified my problem that I originally posted about. To solve the main problem, I had to download and install Office 2007, to be more precise I had my IT guy do it. Unfortunately he left Office 2013 installed, So now my app needs Excel,to run and sees Office.2013 first,( which is corrupt), and without intervention will not open.So I am asking for your help in deleting Office.2013. It looks like I need to use a removal tool which MS is happy to provide, but I am afraid it will un-install Office 2007 also..

Normally I would have no problem with that, but I do not have Product Key which I am sure would be needed for re-installation of Office 2007.Is it possible to un-install Office.2013 without touching Office 2007? I realize I may have to update and repair Office 2007 after dumping Office 2013. Your help will be truly appreciated. Thanks.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 JohnC_21

JohnC_21

• Members
  • 21,682 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:48 PM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 06:30 PM

Right click your Excel file. Select Open With. If you do not see Excel 2007 in recommended programs then click on the little down arrow to expand other programs. If you do not see Excel 2007 there then click the browse button and browse to the Excel 2007 exe file. Make sure the box for " Always select this program" is checked.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users