Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

computer not completing downloading of updates

• Please log in to reply
2 replies to this topic

#1 kinhunter25

kinhunter25

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:11 AM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:25 PM

computer screen says to not shut computer off until update completes. It is trying to update 1 item and has been doing and saying that for over 6 hours now.

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,872 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:47 PM

Have you tried manually going to Windows Update and installing said update?

Louis

#3 kinhunter25

kinhunter25
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 15 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:36 PM

Problem resolved.  I just shut the computer off then went in to the windows update page, found several that had failed and worked my way through them, finally getting them to install, partially manually and the rest after removing a virus I found - see next paragraph. 

I also suspected I had a virus or something like that so I uninstalled the current virus protection, installed a different one, ran it (and found the virus and got rid of it), then went back to the updates to make certain everything was okay there.  It was so the problem was resolved. 

Thanks for the suggestion about trying to manually doing the updates, that's what I had done after shutting to computer down and rebooting it at the very beginning of resolving the problem but it took doing all the rest to "clean" the computer and get it running correctly again. 

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users