Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Channel 11 stopped working and Internet really slow.

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 nai249

nai249

• Members
  • 12 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:36 AM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:46 PM

So for no reason my internet was really slow. Long story short I found out that I get .3 megabits/s on channel 11. I used to get 50 megabits. Now i have to use channel 10 and I get 20 instead and I have to switch it all of the time. Help anyone? 

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 hamluis

hamluis

• 55,404 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:36 AM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:46 PM

Have you contacted your ISP about possible problems on their end?

Louis

#3 CaveDweller2

CaveDweller2

• Members
  • 2,629 posts
  •  
  • Local time:10:36 AM

Posted 12 September 2015 - 01:13 AM

What equipment are we talking about? ISP's? Yours? Makes and models of the networking equipment?

Hope this helps thumbup.gif

Associate in Applied Science - Network Systems Management - Trident Technical College

#4 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:36 AM

Posted 14 September 2015 - 04:49 PM

Switching wifi channels all the time?  Not how you do these things.

Proper procedure is to download a channel scanner like xirrus wifi inspector or insider,  You then scan and review what wifi channels are used in your area. Ideally you would chose one of the non overlapping channels which are 1,6 and 11

What you are trying to address is not having your wifi channel in conflict with a neighbors.  In a high wifi density area this can be a challenge.

So start with downloading and running xirrus wifi inspector and posting a screen shot of what it sees so we can better advise you.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users