Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Shutdown Hangs on Trying to Stop Group Policy Client Service

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 RonnieJP

RonnieJP

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:01:33 AM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 02:01 PM

Upgraded from Windows 8.1 Pro 32-bit to Windows 10 Pro 32-bit.

In addition to the 7031 errors service control errors during shutdown that appear to be common in the Event Log (but do not cause any functional problems), sometimes I get the following 7009 Event Log errors on shutdown or restart,

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the Sync Host_Session1 service to connect.

A timeout was reached (30000 milliseconds) while waiting for the User Data Storage_Session1 service to connect.

I don't get these every time (like the 7031 errors), but when I do, they are always followed by this 7043 error:

The Group Policy Client service did not shut down properly after receiving a preshutdown control.

I always know when these errors are going to appear because the shutdown (or restart) process takes several minutes, instead of just seconds.  Anyone else experiencing this?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users