Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 10 will High Contrast Corlor ?

• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 sportman12

sportman12

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:59 PM

I am trying to get the look of Windows 95 Colors in Windows 10 will High Contrast do it I did post in the forum ?

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:34 PM

Do you have Windows 98 or 95 'Plus!'?  If 'yes', create a theme in your Win95/98 machine you want to use in Win10, then save ALL its elements in the Themes folder.  Then copy the whole Plus! folder into Program Files x86 in Windows 10, and finally navigate to that and make a desktop shortcut to THEMES.exe .  More detailed steps are here.  Works in Win8 and Win10.

Then at will, double click on THEMES.exe .  That should work whether you use a High Contrast theme or not.  It might not work for all elements of the theme.  It worked for me on font face, size, and some colors in Win10 64-bit.  In fact, it's the only way I know of to change desktop font faces in Win10.  All the registry hacks of the early Win10 days don't work, anymore.

Edited by brainout, 11 September 2015 - 01:36 PM.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

#3 sportman12

sportman12
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 304 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:16 AM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 01:46 PM

brainout could you send me a screenshot of how you made Windows 10 look like 95 please

Edited by sportman12, 11 September 2015 - 01:48 PM.

#4 brainout

brainout

• Members
  • 1,190 posts
  •  
  • Local time:04:16 AM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:56 PM

No, I can't send you a screenshot, sportman12, sorry!  But I did do a video on it, using Windows 7, since I can't yet find a video screen recorder which works in Windows 10.  The mechanics are the same.  The video on Plus! is the last 14 minutes, and it didn't work in 7 but will work in 10.  So follow those mechanics shown, and just ignore the fact they don't work in 7.  They work in Win8, and in Win10, I actually did them as shown in the video.

(Away, Notifications Off) AUDIT PREMISES, my guidon.  -- brainout or brainouty on vimeo or Youtube, domain brainout.net

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users