Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

IP camera stream relay?

• Please log in to reply
5 replies to this topic

#1 jhthegr81

jhthegr81

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:07 PM

Alright, here goes nothing. I hope I can word this in a way that it all makes sense. I do IT work for quite a few scrap yards in a large city, and I install a database/yard management software that keeps them compliant with the state. The program uses 3 cameras. I typically use standard HD Logitech webcams. In the internals of the installation folder there is a configuration text file that allows for you to use the stream of an IP camera instead of a USB device, however, it only has a spot for the direct IP, no username or password. All IP cameras I find, even if used only on LAN, require a login before any device can access the stream. Is there a way that I can setup an IP cam or relay it's live feed directly to an IP address?

So if I put 10.0.10.25 I will see a live stream of the video for the scale cam?

The program has a scale camera, vehicle camera, and customer face camera. Once I install the Logitech drivers, you use the configuration text file to assign the USB device names to the desired location, so under scale, you type the camera model, or ip.

Any ideas would be great!

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 jhthegr81

jhthegr81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 12:10 PM

I'm sorry, just to clarify, I need to be able to access the stream without using a login, just directly by IP.

#3 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 14 September 2015 - 05:03 PM

"Is there a way that I can setup an IP cam or relay it's live feed directly to an IP address?"

You can't bypass the built in authentication requirement which has nothing to do with its ip address.

#4 jhthegr81

jhthegr81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:24 PM

I figured that, but is there a way to RELAY the stream some how? Perhaps with something like winamp

#5 jhthegr81

jhthegr81
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 4 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:30 PM

Crap. I guess the only real way (and that's even an unknown) is to set up some type of media server. Wand3r3r, I see your posts everywhere on here, so I suppose if you can't help, no one can! Thank you for your reply, though.

#6 Wand3r3r

Wand3r3r

• Members
  • 2,027 posts
  •  
  • Local time:12:53 PM

Posted 17 September 2015 - 04:21 PM

Appears the server problems with this site lost my response.

What I would do is setup a pc to logon to the ip cameras and display their output. You can then RDP to this pc from anywhere to view the cameras. You would need to authenticate in RDP but you wouldn't have to authenticate to the cameras again.

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users