Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

Windows 7 64 bit error 80073701 update sp1

• Please log in to reply
No replies to this topic

#1 MichielP80

MichielP80

• Members
  • 1 posts
  •  
  • Local time:07:35 AM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:40 AM

Hi there,

Excuse me for my english because i'm dutch.......

Maybe there is an other topic open on this site, but i decided to start a new one.

My mother has an Acer Aspire 5000 series. (Don't know which type on this moment).

In order to get the free windows 10 update, we considered error 80073701 for the SP1 update.

For now i tryed many things to resolve tihs problem.

I ran the readiness tool, a system scan, clean boot etc. 

Only what i can see is that i wouldend open CBS.log and i get the error "acces denied"

It says that this file is already opened on Windows services modules, but it would help te stop of start this service.

On an other topic i've readed that the problem maybe comes from her intel videocard driver. but i think se don't have a cd from her laptop. When my mother buyed this laptop Windows was preinstalled. (OEM)

Maybe i can do a system repair with a windows 7 premium CD/DVD

It's a dutch 64 bits version.

But i have also another question....if i use an other windows 7 64 bits DVD to install windows 7 again, hopefully with SP1, can she use her own license number to install it again?

If whe find no solution, than she must buy windows 10 i think.

Maybe there is someone who can help me further.

Michiel Peters

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users