Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

System freezes, difficulty booting

• Please log in to reply
11 replies to this topic

#1 dhdinh07

dhdinh07

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  
  • Local time:06:27 PM

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:11 PM

Hello,

I recently upgraded my computer to an SSD and Windows 10. Randomly and every once in a while (1-2 times a day), my computer would freeze. I could still move the mouse, but I wouldn't be able to click anything at all.

If I try to press the restart button on my case, after the motherboard logo it brings me to a black screen with a flashing underscore and after a while it says that it cannot find an OS and to insert a drive with one and press CTRL+ALT+DEL to restart. From here, restarts bring me to the same situation.

Usually though, if I shut down my PC with the power button on my case and turn it back on, it will boot back up into Windows. However, in the latest freeze, it was stuck at the logo screen on the 1st hard reboot; stuck at the loading Windows screen at the 2nd; on the 3rd attempt, it went past the loading Windows screen but was stuck at a black screen with a cursor which I could move. I booted into startup repair using a USB drive and all it said was that Windows didn't load correctly and to restart it. After this, it was able to boot up.

I am not sure whether this is a problem with my SSD or with Windows 10. Does anyone have any insight on how I can fix this issue?

Thank you,

Doan

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,091 posts
  •  
  • Local time:09:27 PM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:44 AM

This sounds like a problem with the boot files

Try this from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt - press Enter after typing each command:

bootrec /fixboot

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /rebuildBCD (see Step 4 at this link for more info:  http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/rebuild-bcd-store-windows.htm)

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 dhdinh07

dhdinh07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 11:00 AM

This sounds like a problem with the boot files

Try this from an elevated (Run as administrator) Command Prompt - press Enter after typing each command:

bootrec /fixboot

bootrec /fixmbr

bootrec /rebuildBCD (see Step 4 at this link for more info:  http://pcsupport.about.com/od/fixtheproblem/ht/rebuild-bcd-store-windows.htm)

Thank you usasma for your help. I tried this out and hope it fixes the problem. If it happens again I will update this thread and hopefully there is another solution I can try.

#4 dhdinh07

dhdinh07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 03:26 PM

Unfortunately the above suggestion did not fix the problem.

This time when it froze, I didn't touch my computer and let it do its own thing. After ~3 minutes, the BSOD popped up and my computer immediately restarted on its own. It brought me to the black screen with the flashing underscore, then to my MSI motherboard logo. After about a minute, it brought me to the black screen with the underscore again, and after about another minute it went to a screen with a logo I had never seen before (2.2 TB Infinity?). It then went to a screen that said to press some key to select the boot device, and after a few seconds it came to a screen that says "Please select the boot device:" with only the CD/DVD drive listed.

I went into my BIOS and checked my boot sequence. The first four boot devices are USBs, the 5th my SSD w/ OS, the 6th my media HDD, 7th the DVD drive, and 8th the 2.2 TB Infinity option.

I still have no idea what is going on to be causing the freezing and the inability to boot after soft restarts!

UPDATE: During the last occurrence, I entered my BIOS and found that my SSD was not detected after the restart. So now that I've narrowed it down to this, what can I do?

Edited by dhdinh07, 11 September 2015 - 04:30 PM.

#5 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:42 PM

BIOS updates, hardware problems, firmware updates, driver updates, BCD rebuild, etc

What happens if you put the SSD as the first boot device, then run the bootrec commands again?

Then, let's try looking at these reports:

1)  Please provide this information (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#6 dhdinh07

dhdinh07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:52 PM

BIOS updates, hardware problems, firmware updates, driver updates, BCD rebuild, etc

What happens if you put the SSD as the first boot device, then run the bootrec commands again?

Then, let's try looking at these reports:

1)  Please provide this information (even though you may not be reporting BSOD's) so we can provide a complete analysis (from the Pinned Topic at the top of the forum):  http://www.bleepingcomputer.com/forums/t/576314/blue-screen-of-death-bsod-posting-instructions-windows-10-81-8-7-vista/

2)  Please do the following:
- open Event Viewer (run eventvwr.msc from the "Run" dialog)
- expand the Custom Views category (left click on the > next to the words "Custom Views")
- right click on Administrative Events
- select "Save all Events in Custom View as..."
- save the file as Admin.evtx
- zip up the file (right click on it, select "Send to", select "Compressed (zipped) folder")
- upload it with your next post (if it's too big, then upload it to a free file-hosting service and post a link here).

FYI - If we're looking for Event ID 41 errors (unexplained shutdowns), there's more info on that here:  http://support.microsoft.com/kb/2028504

While waiting for a reply, please monitor your temps with this free utility:  http://www.cpuid.com/softwares/hwmonitor.html

I believe my motherboard is running the latest BIOS as I recently updated it.

· OS - Windows 8.1, 8, 7, Vista ? Windows 10 Pro
· x86 (32-bit) or x64 ? 64 bit
· What was original installed OS on system? Windows 7
· Is the OS an OEM version (came pre-installed on system) or full retail version (YOU purchased it from retailer)? Retail
· Age of system (hardware) ~3.5 years
· Age of OS installation - have you re-installed the OS? ~1 week

· CPU: AMD Phenom II X4 965 3.4 GHz
· Video Card: AMD Radeon HD 6700 series
· MotherBoard - (if NOT a laptop): MSI 760GM-P21 FX
· Power Supply - brand & wattage (skip if laptop): Unsure

· Laptop or Desktop?: Desktop

Attached Files

#7 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2015 - 04:57 AM

The Admin logfile shows crashes w/o any real pattern - this is most often due to hardware problems.

Start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Perfmon shows poor performance ratings for your system - most often due to BIOS issues

You have a TP-LINK Wireless USB Adapter:

I do not recommend using wireless USB network devices.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 and later systems - using older drivers with them is almost certain to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have the latest W7/8/8.1/10 drivers - DO NOT use older drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

I'd suggest testing this by uninstalling it's software and physically removing the device from the system.  Unfortunately, this'll probably make connecting to the web difficult - can you use a long wire instead (just for long enough to test)?

It looks like you've had several BSOD's, but the crash dump initialization has failed.

Also, there's no record of this in most of the reports.  Again, the most common reason for crash dumps not being recorded is a hardware problem (but this is less likely than the other possible hardware problems that I mentioned previously).

So, we're probably looking at a hardware problem.   Please complete the tests that I asked for earlier int his post and let us know the results.  We'll move on from there.

Good luck!

Beyond this I have these 4 suggestions:
1.  Get ALL available Windows Updates.  It may take several trips to get them all
2.  Get ALL available, Win8.1 compatible updates from the manufacturer's website.
3.  Start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html
4.  If all of the hardware tests pass, then run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

Edited by usasma, 12 September 2015 - 04:58 AM.

#8 dhdinh07

dhdinh07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 12 September 2015 - 12:52 PM

The Admin logfile shows crashes w/o any real pattern - this is most often due to hardware problems.

Start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html

Perfmon shows poor performance ratings for your system - most often due to BIOS issues

You have a TP-LINK Wireless USB Adapter:

I do not recommend using wireless USB network devices.
These wireless USB devices have many issues with Win7 and later systems - using older drivers with them is almost certain to cause a BSOD.
Should you want to keep using these devices, be sure to have the latest W7/8/8.1/10 drivers - DO NOT use older drivers!!!
An installable wireless PCI/PCIe card that's plugged into your motherboard is much more robust, reliable, and powerful.

I'd suggest testing this by uninstalling it's software and physically removing the device from the system.  Unfortunately, this'll probably make connecting to the web difficult - can you use a long wire instead (just for long enough to test)?

It looks like you've had several BSOD's, but the crash dump initialization has failed.

Also, there's no record of this in most of the reports.  Again, the most common reason for crash dumps not being recorded is a hardware problem (but this is less likely than the other possible hardware problems that I mentioned previously).

So, we're probably looking at a hardware problem.   Please complete the tests that I asked for earlier int his post and let us know the results.  We'll move on from there.

Good luck!

Beyond this I have these 4 suggestions:
1.  Get ALL available Windows Updates.  It may take several trips to get them all
2.  Get ALL available, Win8.1 compatible updates from the manufacturer's website.
3.  Start with these free hardware diagnostics:  http://www.carrona.org/hwdiag.html
4.  If all of the hardware tests pass, then run Driver Verifier according to these instructions:  http://www.carrona.org/verifier.html

Yes, I think it is hardware related, too. I tried switching SATA ports for my SSD and also switched to AHCI (earlier it was set to IDE) last night. So far I have not experienced any freezes, but it may be too early to tell.

I have had this USB wireless adapter since I first built my computer and it has never given me any issues. After installing Windows 10, I do experience dropped WiFi but connection comes back after I disconnect and reconnect in the network settings. When I first installed Windows 10, I updated it with the latest drivers, but even those were a few years old.

Yesterday I tried running the driver verifier and it gave me a BSOD: DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION so I had to do a system restore. I don't know if it would be a good idea to try this again...

In the mean time, I will be trying the HW diagnostics and will update once I get the results.

Thank you!

#9 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 04:27 PM

Please zip up and upload the memory dump from the Verifier crash (it's supposed to do that).

If uncertain, just zip up the contents of C:\Windows\Minidump and upload that with your next post.

If you have problems zipping it, copy it to your Desktop and zip it up there.

#10 dhdinh07

dhdinh07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 13 September 2015 - 09:54 PM

Please zip up and upload the memory dump from the Verifier crash (it's supposed to do that).

If uncertain, just zip up the contents of C:\Windows\Minidump and upload that with your next post.

If you have problems zipping it, copy it to your Desktop and zip it up there.

I've attached my minidump. I haven't run the HW diagnostics yet, since it's been two days without any freezing! :) I think changing the SATA port and switching to AHCI may have solved the problem, hopefully.

Attached Files

#11 usasma

usasma

• 25,091 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 07:11 PM

The verifier enabled memory dump points to athuwbx.sys - your Atheros wireless driver.  The driver on your system dates from 2013, so it's likely not compatible w/W10.

Please:

- download a fresh copy of the latest, W10 compatible wifi driver for your system

- uninstall the current wifi drivers from Control Panel...Programs and Features (if there isn't anything there, then uninstall it through Device Manager)

- install the freshly downloaded drivers

- monitor for further BSOD's

Also, AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center.  This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems.

NOTE:  these symptoms were from the previous release of OverDrive.  The new release uses the same driver name, but is dated from 4 November 2013.

Please un-install all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Un-install a program
Then, download (but DO NOT install) a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from http://www.amd.com (in the upper right corner of the page)
Use this procedure to install the DRIVER ONLYhttp://www.sysnative.com/forums/showthread.php/668-ATI-video-cards-DRIVER-ONLY-installation-procedure

If the device (AODDriver or AODDriver4.01) remains a problem, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Un-install".  Reboot for changes to take affect.

Sometimes the driver remains and continues to cause BSOD's.  If this is the case for you, post back and we'll give further instructions for safely removing it.

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.
[font=lucida console]**************************Sun Sep 13 16:54:54.709 2015 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\091315-5953-01.dmp]
Windows 8 Kernel Version 10240 MP (4 procs) Free x64
Built by: [B]1024[/B]0.16463.amd64fre.th1.150819-1946
System Uptime:[B]1 days 21:17:43.438[/B]
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for storahci.sys
Probably caused by :[B]storahci.sys ( storahci+10698 )[/B]
BugCheck [B]D1, {228, a, 0, fffff801a8180698}[/B]
BugCheck Info: [url=http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x000000D1]DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)[/url]
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000228, memory referenced
Arg2: 000000000000000a, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff801a8180698, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR:  AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
PROCESS_NAME:  System
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: [B]AV_storahci+10698[/B]
  BIOS Version                  V17.17
  BIOS Release Date             04/22/2015
  Manufacturer                  MSI
  Product Name                  MS-7641
  Baseboard Product             760GM-P21(FX) (MS-7641)    
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
**************************Fri Sep 11 19:15:12.232 2015 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\091115-8781-01.dmp]
System Uptime:[B]0 days 0:00:21.028[/B]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athuwbx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athuwbx.sys
Probably caused by :[B]athuwbx.sys ( athuwbx+1f8f )[/B]
BugCheck [B]C4, {122, 2, ffffe001420ca060, ffffd001b21f95c8}[/B]
BugCheck Info: [url=http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x000000C4]DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)[/url]
DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000122, Waiting at DISPATCH_LEVEL, with a timeout different than zero.
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL value.
Arg3: ffffe001420ca060, Object to wait on.
Arg4: ffffd001b21f95c8, Address of the time out value.
BUGCHECK_STR:  0xc4_122
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: [B]0xc4_122_VRF_athuwbx+1f8f[/B]
¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨¨``
[/font]

3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
Any drivers in red should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.
[font=lucida console]**************************Sun Sep 13 16:54:54.709 2015 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
LGSHidFilt.Sys              Thu May 30 11:16:33 2013 (51A76D51)
athuwbx.sys                 Tue Nov 19 22:43:49 2013 (528C2FF5)
point64.sys                 Thu Dec 12 08:16:17 2013 (52A9B721)
dc3d.sys                    Thu Dec 12 08:16:35 2013 (52A9B733)
[COLOR=RED][B]AODDriver2.sys              Tue Feb 11 06:06:52 2014 (52FA044C)[/B][/COLOR]
rt640x64.sys                Wed Apr  1 10:34:31 2015 (551C01F7)
LGJoyXlCore.sys             Fri Apr 24 17:20:57 2015 (553AB3B9)
LGBusEnum.sys               Fri Apr 24 17:21:00 2015 (553AB3BC)
lgcoretemp.sys              Tue Jun  9 12:52:10 2015 (557719BA)
AtihdWT6.sys                Tue Jul  7 21:28:10 2015 (559C7CAA)
atikmpag.sys                Mon Aug  3 15:32:54 2015 (55BFC1E6)
atikmdag.sys                Mon Aug  3 15:57:16 2015 (55BFC79C)
RTKVHD64.sys                Tue Aug 25 08:47:28 2015 (55DC63E0)
**************************Fri Sep 11 19:15:12.232 2015 (UTC - 4:00)**************************
avgdiska.sys                Wed Mar 11 06:16:03 2015 (550015E3)
avgrkx64.sys                Fri Mar 20 06:18:15 2015 (550BF3E7)
avgloga.sys                 Thu May  7 07:50:17 2015 (554B5179)
avgldx64.sys                Tue Jun 16 09:54:55 2015 (55802AAF)
avgmfx64.sys                Tue Aug  4 05:32:28 2015 (55C086AC)
avgwfpa.sys                 Tue Aug  4 05:32:32 2015 (55C086B0)
avgidsdrivera.sys           Wed Aug 19 05:52:26 2015 (55D451DA)
avgidsha.sys                Wed Aug 19 05:53:52 2015 (55D45230)
[/font]
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGSHidFilt.Sys
athuwbx.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=point64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dc3d.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AODDriver2.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rt640x64.sys
LGJoyXlCore.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGBusEnum.sys
lgcoretemp.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
AtihdWT6.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmdag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgdiska.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgrkx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgloga.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgldx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgmfx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgwfpa.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgidsdrivera.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgidsha.sys

#12 dhdinh07

dhdinh07
  • Topic Starter

• Members
  • 7 posts
  •  

Posted 14 September 2015 - 08:45 PM

The verifier enabled memory dump points to athuwbx.sys - your Atheros wireless driver.  The driver on your system dates from 2013, so it's likely not compatible w/W10.

Please:

- download a fresh copy of the latest, W10 compatible wifi driver for your system

- uninstall the current wifi drivers from Control Panel...Programs and Features (if there isn't anything there, then uninstall it through Device Manager)

- install the freshly downloaded drivers

- monitor for further BSOD's

Also, AMD OverDrive (AODDriver2.sys) is either a stand-alone application, or a component of the AMD VISION Engine Control Center.  This driver is known to cause BSOD's on some Windows systems.

NOTE:  these symptoms were from the previous release of OverDrive.  The new release uses the same driver name, but is dated from 4 November 2013.

Please un-install all AMD/ATI video stuff from Control Panel...Programs...Un-install a program
Then, download (but DO NOT install) a fresh copy of the ATI drivers from http://www.amd.com (in the upper right corner of the page)
Use this procedure to install the DRIVER ONLYhttp://www.sysnative.com/forums/showthread.php/668-ATI-video-cards-DRIVER-ONLY-installation-procedure

If the device (AODDriver or AODDriver4.01) remains a problem, open Device Manager, select the "View" item.
Then select "Show hidden devices" and scroll down to the Non-Plug and Play Drivers section.
Locate the AODDriver entry, right click on it and select "Un-install".  Reboot for changes to take affect.

Sometimes the driver remains and continues to cause BSOD's.  If this is the case for you, post back and we'll give further instructions for safely removing it.

If overclocking, please stop. Remove the overclock and return the system to stock/standard values while we're troubleshooting. Once the system is stable again, feel free to resume the overclocking.

Analysis:
The following is for informational purposes only.
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\091315-5953-01.dmp]
System Uptime:[B]1 days 21:17:43.438[/B]
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for storahci.sys
Probably caused by :[B]storahci.sys ( storahci+10698 )[/B]
BugCheck [B]D1, {228, a, 0, fffff801a8180698}[/B]
BugCheck Info: [url=http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x000000D1]DRIVER_IRQL_NOT_LESS_OR_EQUAL (d1)[/url]
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000228, memory referenced
Arg2: 000000000000000a, IRQL
Arg3: 0000000000000000, value 0 = read operation, 1 = write operation
Arg4: fffff801a8180698, address which referenced memory
BUGCHECK_STR:  AV
DEFAULT_BUCKET_ID:  WIN8_DRIVER_FAULT
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: [B]AV_storahci+10698[/B]
Loading Dump File [C:\Users\John\SysnativeBSODApps\091115-8781-01.dmp]
System Uptime:[B]0 days 0:00:21.028[/B]
*** WARNING: Unable to verify timestamp for athuwbx.sys
*** ERROR: Module load completed but symbols could not be loaded for athuwbx.sys
Probably caused by :[B]athuwbx.sys ( athuwbx+1f8f )[/B]
BugCheck [B]C4, {122, 2, ffffe001420ca060, ffffd001b21f95c8}[/B]
BugCheck Info: [url=http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x000000C4]DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)[/url]
DRIVER_VERIFIER_DETECTED_VIOLATION (c4)
Arguments:
Arg1: 0000000000000122, Waiting at DISPATCH_LEVEL, with a timeout different than zero.
Arg2: 0000000000000002, IRQL value.
Arg3: ffffe001420ca060, Object to wait on.
Arg4: ffffd001b21f95c8, Address of the time out value.
BUGCHECK_STR:  0xc4_122
FAILURE_BUCKET_ID: [B]0xc4_122_VRF_athuwbx+1f8f[/B]
[/font]
3rd Party Drivers:
The following is for information purposes only.
Any drivers in red should be updated or removed from your system. And should have been discussed in the body of my post.
LGSHidFilt.Sys              Thu May 30 11:16:33 2013 (51A76D51)
athuwbx.sys                 Tue Nov 19 22:43:49 2013 (528C2FF5)
point64.sys                 Thu Dec 12 08:16:17 2013 (52A9B721)
dc3d.sys                    Thu Dec 12 08:16:35 2013 (52A9B733)
[COLOR=RED][B]AODDriver2.sys              Tue Feb 11 06:06:52 2014 (52FA044C)[/B][/COLOR]
rt640x64.sys                Wed Apr  1 10:34:31 2015 (551C01F7)
LGJoyXlCore.sys             Fri Apr 24 17:20:57 2015 (553AB3B9)
LGBusEnum.sys               Fri Apr 24 17:21:00 2015 (553AB3BC)
lgcoretemp.sys              Tue Jun  9 12:52:10 2015 (557719BA)
AtihdWT6.sys                Tue Jul  7 21:28:10 2015 (559C7CAA)
atikmpag.sys                Mon Aug  3 15:32:54 2015 (55BFC1E6)
atikmdag.sys                Mon Aug  3 15:57:16 2015 (55BFC79C)
RTKVHD64.sys                Tue Aug 25 08:47:28 2015 (55DC63E0)
avgdiska.sys                Wed Mar 11 06:16:03 2015 (550015E3)
avgrkx64.sys                Fri Mar 20 06:18:15 2015 (550BF3E7)
avgloga.sys                 Thu May  7 07:50:17 2015 (554B5179)
avgldx64.sys                Tue Jun 16 09:54:55 2015 (55802AAF)
avgmfx64.sys                Tue Aug  4 05:32:28 2015 (55C086AC)
avgwfpa.sys                 Tue Aug  4 05:32:32 2015 (55C086B0)
avgidsdrivera.sys           Wed Aug 19 05:52:26 2015 (55D451DA)
avgidsha.sys                Wed Aug 19 05:53:52 2015 (55D45230)
[/font]
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGSHidFilt.Sys
athuwbx.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=point64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=dc3d.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=AODDriver2.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=rt640x64.sys
LGJoyXlCore.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=LGBusEnum.sys
lgcoretemp.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
AtihdWT6.sys - this driver hasn't been added to the DRT as of this run. Please search Google/Bing for the driver if additional information is needed.
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmpag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=atikmdag.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=RTKVHD64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgdiska.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgrkx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgloga.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgldx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgmfx64.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgwfpa.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgidsdrivera.sys
http://www.carrona.org/drivers/driver.php?id=avgidsha.sys

This is great, thank you so much for your help! I have remained freeze-free for the last three days. If I experience any other issues I will update or start a new thread.

Thanks again!

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users