Register a free account to unlock additional features at BleepingComputer.com
Welcome to BleepingComputer, a free community where people like yourself come together to discuss and learn how to use their computers. Using the site is easy and fun. As a guest, you can browse and view the various discussions in the forums, but can not create a new topic or reply to an existing one unless you are logged in. Other benefits of registering an account are subscribing to topics and forums, creating a blog, and having no ads shown anywhere on the site.

Click here to Register a free account now! or read our Welcome Guide to learn how to use this site.

Photo

RSOD (Red Screen of Death) Information:

• Please log in to reply
4 replies to this topic

#1 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  
  • Local time:02:45 PM

Posted 10 September 2015 - 11:07 PM

RSOD (Red Screen of Death) is a rare, but damaging error which appears on XP and Vista Operating Systems. Unlike the BSOD (Blue Screen of Death) it is a really serious error that can render your computer unusable. The reason why this happens is, because it's a critical error of the system itself or an attempt by a malicious program to modify the critical system files. This can also happen when the boot loader becomes corrupted which means that you cannot boot into Windows. Nowadays the RSOD is replaced by different variations of Blue Screens of Deaths. In the older days of Windows 98 this screen also appeared too and in software consoles like the Playstation also showed the red screen and a kindle fire icon indicating it was bricked. Other game consoles like the Xbox One had their own versions of the Screen of Death and IOS Devices including the Ipod Touch also had White Screens of Death. 

BSOD20Infamous20Slide.jpg

BC AdBot (Login to Remove)

m

#2 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:40 AM

What you have posted is a BSOD with the color changed to red.

This is a simple trick to pull off with some programs or a bit of coding/tweaks.

It isn't a real issue, nor is it damaging.

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#3 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 05:36 AM

not according to wikipedia: https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Screen_of_death it's under black screen of death it appeared in early beta versions of vista and has appeared in Windows 98. I guess you're right about it though...

Edited by CodeSmasha, 11 September 2015 - 05:37 AM.

#4 usasma

usasma

Still visually handicapped (avatar is memory developed by my Dad

• BSOD Kernel Dump Expert
  • 25,077 posts
  •  
  • Local time:11:45 PM

Posted 11 September 2015 - 04:27 PM

There's basically 4 things that you can tell about this screenshot:

1)  It is red.  Mark Russinovich's NotMyFault tool can easily do this:  http://blogs.technet.com/b/markrussinovich/archive/2011/01/11/3379158.aspx

2)  It is a STOP 0x7F error (further info from my website here:  http://www.carrona.org/bsodindx.html#0x0000007F )

3)  It is from a 32 bit system (as the hexadecimal memory address's only have 8 places (0x00000000)

4)  It blames beep.sys - a Windows driver

My browser caused a flood of traffic, sio my IP address was banned. Hope to fix it soon. Will get back to posting as soon as Im able.

- John  (my website: http://www.carrona.org/ )**If you need a more detailed explanation, please ask for it. I have the Knack. **  If I haven't replied in 48 hours, please send me a message. My eye problems have recently increased and I'm having difficult reading posts. (23 Nov 2017)FYI - I am completely blind in the right eye and ~30% blind in the left eye.<p>If the eye problems get worse suddenly, I may not be able to respond.If that's the case and help is needed, please PM a staff member for assistance.

#5 CodeSmasha

CodeSmasha
  • Topic Starter

• Banned
  • 524 posts
  •  

Posted 11 September 2015 - 08:09 PM

ok thanks for telling me

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users